Ooooh- AMAZEBALLS! Blued again.

Main St chair was open ~ until it broke. Almost 2 whole hours of "quality" shred before delapidation rears her ugly head again. 

Can you wait for the 6 to go down CONSTANTLY? How many hours cumulatively did you sit motionless in the breeze last year?

"Yummy" stale cookies = legit reparations you can count on (while you stand with 150 others watching empty chairs cruising up the hill.)

How many times have you heard "We can cover the hill with 3 days of Snowmaking?"

20+ nights of snowmaking temps + 8" of NATURAL and this is Opening Day?

Highest vertical in PA! & We are Open!  (Closed monday-friday until further notice)

I await with reticence the common closures on forecast alone, let alone consistant closure for inclement weather. 

LOVE the terrain at little gap ski area & laugh at the little fauxresort that can't be bothered to run a skI hill.

Perhaps we need a spot to let them know of the REALITY of our daily experiences. 

Earth to blue- we ride mountains all over the world & not one other ski area acts with such contempt of their organic sales force.

At least they keep laughing.

~chargingARC

• Confused 1

Invisible charc is doing all the complaining for me this year! Thanks.

This opening day seemed identical to last year's, and it was decent. Only real complaint from me is that Midway and Main Street sucked big time with giant chunks of ice everywhere. The other trails were good. Solid B- day, I'll likely wait until they open at least the Lazy Mile to go again.

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Invisible charc is doing all the complaining for me this year! Thanks.

This opening day seemed identical to last year's, and it was decent. Only real complaint from me is that Midway and Main Street sucked big time with giant chunks of ice everywhere. The other trails were good. Solid B- day, I'll likely wait until they open at least the Lazy Mile to go again.

See you in a month. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

"Today was a great early opening day with more terrain than expected and they barely had any snowmaking weather to open and coverage is great.  Haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate"

"More terrain than expected.. " because you came expecting 300' vert! 

At least 15 nights of freezing temps out of the last 30, with 30+ nights of below zero so far.. yeah, that's "barely any."

If you don't have facts - your spewing.

Shiller's gonna shill.

Edited by Invisible charc

2 minutes ago, Invisible charc said:

"Today was a great early opening day with more terrain than expected and they barely had any snowmaking weather to open and coverage is great.  Haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate"

"More terrain than expected.. " because you came expecting 300' vert! 

At least 15 nights of freezing temps out of the last 30, with 30+ nights of below zero so far.. yeah, that's "barely any."

If you don't have facts - your spewing.

Shiller's gonna shill.

BD5CA772-EB9E-419D-A113-B033FA5E8AAA.jpeg

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty were there lift issues?  Are you still at Blue??

Nah I left at 2:30. They opened the two Main Street lifts and the left lift shut down for around 5 minutes. I was ecstatic to be on the right lift which never stopped. It seems like everyone jumps on the left lift because it moves slightly faster, but I took the right lift which had zero issues.

Edited by saltyant

Super-cool newfangled device called a thermometer: coupled with locality = pretty darn close estimation of temp 1000 ft higher.

But we can pretend. Now that I "know" there's only been 5 nights of snowmaking weather I feel so much more in-tune to how hard blue worked to make that 1 run SO smooth. Go blue go ~ way to exceed the LOW expectations you set ♡ Good job!

incidentally,  I am not attacking any of you, yet you defend blue in their obvious half-assed efforts. Bizarre but whateh.

I guess we collectively haven't skied enough to ascertain the line between reality & the company kool-aid.

Slurping it up boys and girls. That 1/2 a run was EPIC

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Invisible charc said:

Super-cool newfangled device called a thermometer: coupled with locality = pretty darn close estimation of temp 1000 ft higher.

But we can pretend. Now that I "know" there's only been 5 nights of snowmaking weather I feel so much more in-tune to how hard blue worked to make that 1 run SO smooth. Go blue go ~ way to exceed the LOW expectations you set ♡ Good job!

incidentally,  I am not attacking any of you, yet you defend blue in their obvious half-assed efforts. Bizarre but whateh.

I guess we collectively haven't skied enough to ascertain the line between reality & the company kool-aid.

Slurping it up boys and girls. That 1/2 a run was EPIC

What other local ski resorts were better than Blue today??

• Like 1