False Advertising Instances

Invisible charc

No I did not use them in advertisements. If they were up at BeaglesBand.com, and if The Beatles had a good argument that we had unjustly profited by tricking folks into believing we were the Beatles and buying our CD when they meant to purchase Abbey Rd, you would have a point.

Honestly though, if The Beatles were to sue me, I would gladly give them all the profits I made from wearing that shirt and would welcome the publicity. 

Your band's Facebook post says "about to take the stage in our new T's". Would it not be feasible for one to assume (when seeing a photo of a band called the Beagles wearing t-shirts of beagles walking across Abbey Road) that you guys are a Beatles cover band and / or that you say "our new T's" could lead one to believe that those shirts are in fact be Beagles merch?

I think we can all agree it is stupid to do. Lots of smaller hills do it and it is stupid. What is even more stupid are the people who think that it actually looks like that, and the biggest idiots of them all are the assholes who think they should be sued. 

100% this. Stupid, cheesy, unprofessional? Yes. I expect more from Blue. A lawsuit? That's fucking silly IMO. Maybe if the picture contained the JH tram and said come to Blue and ride our tram. That would be false advertising
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

100% this. Stupid, cheesy, unprofessional? Yes. I expect more from Blue. A lawsuit? That's fucking silly IMO. Maybe if the picture contained the JH tram and said come to Blue and ride our tram. That would be false advertising

Jack Frost should photo shop 'Jackson Frost' on the tram and use that!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Your band's Facebook post says "about to take the stage in our new T's". Would it not be feasible for one to assume (when seeing a photo of a band called the Beagles wearing t-shirts of beagles walking across Abbey Road) that you guys are a Beatles cover band and / or that you say "our new T's" could lead one to believe that those shirts are in fact be Beagles merch?

We do sometimes play Beatles covers and 3.5 years ago played an all Beatles set, but I am not sure what sort of claim you are getting at. You think actual Beatles cover bands would claim they lost income because by posting a pic of ourselves in those shirts we were seeking to fool folks into believing that we were also a Beatles cover band?

Also not sure what sort of claim anyone could have for thinking we were selling T Shirts we were not selling.

But if anyone feels they have been damaged by my practices, we can enter settlement discussions and, if those fail to provide mutual satisfaction, work it out in court.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

We do sometimes play Beatles covers and 3.5 years ago played an all Beatles set, but I am not sure what sort of claim you are getting at. You think actual Beatles cover bands would claim they lost income because by posting a pic of ourselves in those shirts we were seeking to fool folks into believing that we were also a Beatles cover band?
Also not sure what sort of claim anyone could have for thinking we were selling T Shirts we were not selling.
But if anyone feels they have been damaged by my practices, we can enter settlement discussions and, if those fail to provide mutual satisfaction, work it out in court.

I'm not claiming anything and you're making my point. No, I don't believe that your band is trying to deceive anyone just like Blue, I'm pretty sure, isn't trying to fool folks into thinking that they will be magically transported to the Rockies once they arrive. Same premise. Completely harmless.

9 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I'm not claiming anything and you're making my point. No, I don't believe that your band is trying to deceive anyone just like Blue, I'm pretty sure, isn't trying to fool folks into thinking that they will be magically transported to the Rockies once they arrive. Same premise. Completely harmless.

No, because they operating a business generating millions of annual revenue competing with other such businesses, and because most people would believe photos of a ski area on a ski area web page were shot at the ski area.

It is more like if I had photoshopped a stock photo of Paul McCartney holding a bass onto my album cover.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1

We have mountains opening up every weekend, trip reports being posted, media being posted and just had a fantastic "beautiful spring day" in NOVEMBER(!!!) Yet the only thread with any traction is a fucking thread created by an inside troll and somebody bitching about nonsense. WTF??

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, antman12 said:

We have mountains opening up every weekend, trip reports being posted, media being posted and just had a fantastic "beautiful spring day" in NOVEMBER(!!!) Yet the only thread with any traction is a fucking thread created by an inside troll and somebody bitching about nonsense. WTF??

Welcome to PASR! You’ll hate it here. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

you guys are ridiculous.  had any mountain other than blue used a pic from a different mountain, you would have completely roasted them and rightfully so (imagine the shitstorm if CB did this).  but cause blue did it the nut sucking brigade comes out with their capes on lol

tenor.gif?itemid=5850917&fbclid=IwAR3s1X

submitted with comment.

blue for gods sake you are selling yourself shamefully short.

EVERY single member of this board has hundreds of INFINITELY better pictures.

of blue. Super fun days at;

YOUR mountain, that you are trying desperately to attract people to; with pictures of~  what switzerland?

Why don't you have contests for particular marketing needs?

Betcha people would GIVE them to you to use, let alone trade them a beer or two.

((( shaking head )))

i want my mountain to be true, but it keeps on being fake

image.jpg

On 11/27/2018 at 10:49 PM, Invisible charc said:

submitted with comment.

blue for gods sake you are selling yourself shamefully short.

EVERY single member of this board has hundreds of INFINITELY better pictures.

of blue. Super fun days at;

YOUR mountain, that you are trying desperately to attract people to; with pictures of~  what switzerland?

Why don't you have contests for particular marketing needs?

Betcha people would GIVE them to you to use, let alone trade them a beer or two.

((( shaking head )))

i want my mountain to be true, but it keeps on being fake

image.jpg

That must be from the northern poconos. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

Rummy, whats going on at Elk?  are they open?  i saw on the one cam they have they made some snow.

We were up over the weekend.  They made snow on top of the 10" of natural, 24/7 from the day before Thanksgiving until sometime early Saturday morning. 

When we left Monday around noon, we stopped at the mtn to pick up a season pass.  Very foggy, but from what we could see they had huge whales on the bunny slope, East and West Slopes.  They were blowing on Susquehanna, Tioga, and Tunk too when we arrived Friday but we couldn't see them Monday because of the fog.

Rumor mill said Elk is going to open Wednesday Dec 5th for the season...  we'll see.

The web cam on the website isn't working for me but I saw a face book post showing them blowing at the top of the East slope.

They are really hurting for employees in every department...

Damn Trump and his booming economy....

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, rummy said:

They are really hurting for employees in every department...

I'm never going to be able to figure out where any ski joint gets snowmakers from, or how that line of work really works.....its like its feast or famine for 3 months.  I work in a weather dependent type environment, but no where near how weather dependent it is to make snow.  

7 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I'm never going to be able to figure out where any ski joint gets snowmakers from, or how that line of work really works.....its like its feast or famine for 3 months.  I work in a weather dependent type environment, but no where near how weather dependent it is to make snow.  

Just kinda thinking out loud here...

I always assumed that local mountain's snowmakers are year round mechanics and general maintenance men. Maybe hiring a couple temps if needed. Obviously mountains up North and out West would need much larger crews so maybe they hire actual snowmakers?