False Advertising Instances

Invisible charc

5 hours ago, saltyant said:

I have to do more reading on this Rajeev character. Seems very, very interesting.

Found this from, wow, almost 10 years ago. Apparently Steeze was similarly accused as I was tonight for the Rajeev debacle, and the post below appears to prove the unreliability of IP addresses on this site.

image.png.f225a1bdffbbcc7e4bbf7626d3c7a900.png

That was a bluff.  I have no idea who Rajeev is.

59 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

That was a bluff.  I have no idea who Rajeev is.

1. Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) IP address is masked, so any website you visit or any applications you use (Skype, email providers, BitTorrent peers, etc), will see our IP address, which is shared by thousands of people, so your activity is mixed with other users.

Above is from Windscribe's FAQ section. It's a VPN within a browser with 5 IPs to chose from. Since Invis was trolling it's very plausible he used one of those shared IPs. 

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Thanks salty.  I don’t want to see you using a proxy from Nigeria...and don’t try to go through the Taco Bell drive through on your Schwinn. 

I read some old Rajeev posts and almost spit out my coffee laughing. Hoping for a Rajeev reappearance in my lifetime.

Just so I'm clear as to what is going on....Blue has a picture on their website that is pretty clearly not from their mountain, yes?  And this In. Charc. member called them out on it.  And now we suspect that guy is a troll account?

I don't know....seems like a pretty lame thing to do to me....where do you think that pic is from? 

1 minute ago, tnt said:

Just so I'm clear as to what is going on....Blue has a picture on their website that is pretty clearly not from their mountain, yes?  And this In. Charc. member called them out on it.  And now we suspect that guy is a troll account?

I don't know....seems like a pretty lame thing to do to me....where do you think that pic is from? 

No one knows who Invisible Char is. Seems like someone unhappy with Blue's opening and is just venting. People are accusing me of being him which is not true. If I would troll I would do something like Rajeev instead because reading that was hilarious 

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

No one knows who Invisible Char is. Seems like someone unhappy with Blue's opening and is just venting. People are accusing me of being him which is not true. If I would troll I would do something like Rajeev instead because reading that was hilarious 

But is anyone disputing that Blue has a picture on their website from god only knows where? 

9 minutes ago, tnt said:

He did what now?

Reminds me of this year's Phish Halloween gag.

He created Salty Ski and Ride complete with fake accounts, avatars, and posts for toast, atomic, gss, jfdan, root, etc...

I discovered this after one of our party days, and in my hungover and creeped out state,  so I banned salty to fantasy-land for a few days. Now it’s a joke.  During my hungover state, not so much. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

He created Salty Ski and Ride complete with fake accounts, avatars, and posts for toast, atomic, gss, jfdan, root, etc...

I discovered this after one of our party days, and in my hungover and creeped out state,  so I banned salty to fantasy-land for a few days. Now it’s a joke.  During my hungover state, not so much. 

Yes it was all in fun but no one else liked it. Lol. Ah well I served my time for that so if I'm banned again then it will be double jeopardy.

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Yeah most people thought so but it was only up for an hour or two and it's now permanently deleted. And yet I'm still being lambasted for it all these months later. At least eaf liked it. I miss him.

You were ahead of your time:

https://www.spin.com/2018/11/phish-hoax-fake-scandinavian-band-las-vegas-halloween-show/

But is anyone disputing that Blue has a picture on their website from god only knows where? 

Not for anything but it is stupid as shit. It's like someone from the marketing department googled "skiing" and copied / pasted a random photo of people smiling on some random slopes and posted it not realizing the above treeline peaks behind the random people. I didn't want to feed the troll but it is bad form on Blues part. That's said I don't know if I'd call that false advertising either. Most ski areas are more egregious when it comes to false advertising with their base measurements or snowfall totals.
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Not for anything but it is stupid as shit. It's like someone from the marketing department googled "skiing" and copied / pasted a random photo of people smiling on some random slopes and posted it not realizing the above treeline peaks behind the random people. I didn't want to feed the troll but it is bad form on Blues part. That's said I don't know if I'd call that false advertising either. Most ski areas are more egregious when it comes to false advertising with their base measurements or snowfall totals.

Yeah, I agree.  And I feel like they do a pretty good job on social media - I'm sure they have some good photos of their mountain they could have used.  

Or at least, they should have cropped those mountains out, and the dense forests on the side of th trail...