Day 2...November 24th...

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from day 2 of the Blue mountain ski season. I arrived wicked early at 720am ready to get my pass straightened out. In the house were JFDan, NMSki, Root, Atomic Jeff, Slim, Indiggio, Rodney, Tarponhead, PARidge, Mrs. Snowbunski and many others. Temperatures were in the upper 20s rising into the thirties under overcast sky’s.  When I went to make sure my pass would work they said they couldn’t help me until after I was denied at the ticket check.  

Opening bell atomic jeff out front..heavyset middle aged skier and me so I needed to bullet tuck vista to pass gravity assisted mass and succeeded then flew down midway to lower Main nice snow first civilian chair again. Then all of Main Street..some lipstick on pig and Barney’s bumps are seeded.  Then come around to midway to lower Main pass still wasn’t working so went inside. Guy in front of me took forever to get pass straight I think they had me as last name first and needed a supervisor to resolve. Then pass worked after being out on the slopes woo hoo..

The chute was open today and was spicy I didn’t ski it  X-ing also open  base depths are impressive   They have enough snow to make it through a couple rainstorms and some seasonal warmth   Maybe a few snowmaking changes this next week  

i was behind the pack by a minute or two even saw all the PASRs on come around from the lift finally caught up to them and then skied a little more and then went to the parking lot for beer and pretzels...was sort of misty in the lot..I’ll be back tomorrow for opening should be hero snow.  Today’s snow wasn’t the best because they blew wet on top of existing snow but I’ve skied a ton worse and it really wasn’t that challenging..sort of soft boilerplate in spot easy to get an edge.  This is bonus skiing and it’s great...pictures to come from Root later!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Barney's was quite skiable right from the get-go.  Surprised they set them, but pretty easy for bumping the trail count.
A bit chunky from the cat tracks, but they broke down quick and with the warming temps, they skied in nicely.

Hopefully the rain doesn't take the troughs down to the dirt.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

You can get the fusion and Taurus in awd, Taurus will perform better but neither will be anything special 

Yeah I know they’re both awd, but they don’t seem like practical winter vehicles. 

Ford actually getting rid of everything except the trucks, mustangs, and suvs. They’re adding a focus crossover which is basically the red headed gay stepbrother to the Subaru Outback. Whack. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, indiggio said:

Barney's was quite skiable right from the get-go.  Surprised they set them, but pretty easy for bumping the trail count.
A bit chunky from the cat tracks, but they broke down quick and with the warming temps, they skied in nicely.

Hopefully the rain doesn't take the troughs down to the dirt.

Agreed.  My daughter and I had fun on Barney's.  Top section was really nice by the end of the day.  (And our day ended at around 12:30.)  Great first day for us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

Yeah I know they’re both awd, but they don’t seem like practical winter vehicles. 

Ford actually getting rid of everything except the trucks, mustangs, and suvs. They’re adding a focus crossover which is basically the red headed gay stepbrother to the Subaru Outback. Whack. 

Aren't the ones they're getting rid of made in China anyway?

On 11/25/2018 at 9:23 AM, Shadows said:

Pretty sure I heard the focus was China import and they're stopping all the actual car stuff cause China taxes. Either way. Can't beat Ford trucks 

Just bought a F-150 actually. Can’t beat them at all.