Sunday 11/25/18..best snow of the season.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

11 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

ive always said popeyes is better than kfc, but i only ever get the tenders at popeyes.  however, since kfc was so good on sunday, i decided to get actual drumsticks and thighs from popeyes on monday.  might have to rethink my rankings.  not sure about their tenders, but kfc takes the cake for the fried chicken pieces

$5 deal at KFC is good. Drumstick and thigh and side(mashed potatoes with gravy for me..no gravy for my D) biscuit drink and a cookie wow.  If you sweet talk the cashier she might even throw in some butter packets. 

Just now, Kyle said:

Royal farms fried chicken though.........

Just now, Schif said:

I had Royal Farms chicken as my birthday dinner last night.....

i have to be honest, i was disappointed with royal farms fried chicken.  it was like $3 for a drumstick, $4 for a thigh, and $5 for a breast.  however, they sell chicken and waffles which is an awesome combination

1 minute ago, theprogram4 said:

i have to be honest, i was disappointed with royal farms fried chicken.  it was like $3 for a drumstick, $4 for a thigh, and $5 for a breast.  however, they sell chicken and waffles which is an awesome combination

Rofo is expensive but worth it. right now though they are running a special where you get 8 pieces for $8. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Out of the three, I'd pick Popeyes. Although a good dose of Crown fried chicken is always a treat. 

• Like 1

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

$5 deal at KFC is good. Drumstick and thigh and side(mashed potatoes with gravy for me..no gravy for my D) biscuit drink and a cookie wow.  If you sweet talk the cashier she might even throw in some butter packets. 

the lehigh valley seems to have better fast food options than chester county.  the only consistent fast food restarurant around here (outside of west chester and i guess exton ) is McDonalds (the GOAT).  you guys have stand alone kfc, stand alone taco bells, arbys, sonics, burger kings, etc.  to get that stuff around here i have to go to the edges of chester county near lancaster county and berks county.  i assume this deals with income level cause there are alot of snobs in chester county who wont touch fast food.  luckily, there is a popeyes and wendys close to my work.  driving up 145 in whitehall is beautiful, your options are: white castle, wendys, burger king #1, kfc (stand alone), taco bell (stand alone), mcdonalds #1, chic fil A, burger king #2, and mcdonalds #2.  the only other places you see that much fast food concentrated together is in the south.  i didnt even cover pizza hut, cicis, and wawa on that same stretch, plus like 5 dunkin donuts and subways

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

the lehigh valley seems to have better fast food options than chester county.  the only consistent fast food restarurant around here (outside of west chester and i guess exton ) is McDonalds (the GOAT).  you guys have stand alone kfc, stand alone taco bells, arbys, sonics, burger kings, etc.  to get that stuff around here i have to go to the edges of chester county near lancaster county and berks county.  i assume this deals with income level cause there are alot of snobs in chester county who wont touch fast food.  luckily, there is a popeyes and wendys close to my work.  driving up 145 in whitehall is beautiful, your options are: white castle, wendys, burger king #1, kfc (stand alone), taco bell (stand alone), mcdonalds #1, chic fil A, burger king #2, and mcdonalds #2.  the only other places you see that much fast food concentrated together is in the south.  i didnt even cover pizza hut, cicis, and wawa on that same stretch, plus like 5 dunkin donuts and subways

We have steak and shake as well. Also another McDonald’s located inside the Walmart.  I’m too much of a snob to shop at walkers though. Target only. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

23 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

.i assume this deals with income level cause there are alot of snobs in chester county who wont touch fast food. 

This is 100% the reason. They’re putting in a Burger King on 41 in Avondale. Perfect location. There isn’t a “fast food” restaraunt from the McDonald’s in gap until you get to Kirkwood highway. There’s a few wawas, but nothing with a drive through, anyway, people around here are losing their shit that it’s a Burger King and wanted to petition to get it changed to a Panera bread, Zoe’s kitchen, something along those lines. People in Chester county have their heads so far up their ass it’s ridiculous. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kyle said:

This is 100% the reason. They’re putting in a Burger King on 41 in Avondale. Perfect location. There isn’t a “fast food” restaraunt from the McDonald’s in gap until you get to Kirkwood highway. There’s a few wawas, but nothing with a drive through, anyway, people around here are losing their shit that it’s a Burger King and wanted to petition to get it changed to a Panera bread, Zoe’s kitchen, something along those lines. People in Chester county have their heads so far up their ass it’s ridiculous. 

Panera wow must be white people lol

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Kyle said:

These people are the exact reason cell phone service sucks here, despite being one of the most populous counties in pa.  The nimbys come out and fight any tower. In Eagle, the police and fire department had problems with lack of radio coverage during emergencies, so they tried to build a new tower.  Residents came out and successfully stopped it.  To this day, there are parts of eagle where emergency responders are unable to communicate with each other.

1 minute ago, theprogram4 said:

These people are the exact reason cell phone service sucks here, despite being one of the most populous counties in pa.  The nimbys come out and fight any tower. In Eagle, the police and fire department had problems with lack of radio coverage during emergencies, so they tried to build a new tower.  Residents came out and successfully stopped it.  To this day, there are parts of eagle where emergency responders are unable to communicate with each other.

We had a fatal on route 1 out here last year about 2 hours after the super bowl ended and people were bitching up a storm about how the road was closed and that they had to take a detour and it made the drive longer. It’s insane what they’ll complain about. The mushroom smell is still the best one to this day. Move to a place dubbed “the mushroom capital of the world” and complain that it smells. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

i was actually gonna ask if anyone ever had them.  one opened in west chonshy in the gas station at least 1.5 years ago but i havent tried yet.  i dont really have a desire to buy prepared food from a LukOil

One of the gas station/mini markets near where I live has pierogies they aren’t bad. 

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

i was actually gonna ask if anyone ever had them.  one opened in west chonshy in the gas station at least 1.5 years ago but i havent tried yet.  i dont really have a desire to buy prepared food from a LukOil

Seems like they are all in a gas station or convenience store. Never heard of them until I ended up in Cherry Hill every day for training for 4 months. We get it most Wednesdays. I like it right up there with Popeyes, maybe even a smidge higher. Consistently juicy chicken and crispy skin/coating. I like both better than KFC. Haven't tried the tenders, I can't buy enough tenders to feed 12-15 cable techs and keep in budget, lol. Biscuits are prime. Honey sweet but also a tinge of saltiness. Not as dry as Popeyes, which are also awesome in a different direction. Great mac and cheese at KK, good potatoes (gravy comes already on potatoes like Popeyes), good wedges, crappy red beans and rice.

Edit: to add pic of today's leftovers

20181128_193040.jpg

Edited by enjoralas
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Seems like they are all in a gas station or convenience store. Never heard of them until I ended up in Cherry Hill every day for training for 4 months. We get it most Wednesdays. I like it right up there with Popeyes, maybe even a smidge higher. Consistently juicy chicken and crispy skin/coating. I like both better than KFC. Haven't tried the tenders, I can't buy enough tenders to feed 12-15 cable techs and keep in budget, lol. Biscuits are prime. Honey sweet but also a tinge of saltiness. Not as dry as Popeyes, which are also awesome in a different direction. Great mac and cheese at KK, good potatoes (gravy comes already on potatoes like Popeyes), good wedges, crappy red beans and rice.

Edit: to add pic of today's leftovers

20181128_193040.jpg

ill have to give them a try.  there is one in the heart of coatesville that is actually a stand alone location

• 1 month later...
On 11/26/2018 at 5:43 AM, indiggio said:

Yup, there were a few PASRs there yet: @Justo8484, @AngryHugo, @tarponhead & @mbike-ski
Sorry if I forgot anyone...

On 11/26/2018 at 7:58 AM, toast21602 said:

AH was there?!?!?!?

On 11/26/2018 at 8:27 AM, GSSucks said:

Might have been me. 

We are both incredibly sexy, so the confusion is understandable. Hope to see most of you this weekend.

• Like 4
  • Love 1