$200 Montage Season Pass

enjoralas

29 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Wow I'm surprised you skied somewhere that's not Blue or Jackson Hole. White Lightning needs more run out for those who opt to slide down without skis on. That one time on the White Lightning I picked up so much speed, just like The Stig, that I almost made it right to the lift with 170s in hand.

Tries to ride a Gondi with skis on and a chairlift with skis off. I’m shaking my herman

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2018 at 10:28 AM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You’d drive an extra hour each way to save $600 on three season passes?  

It is about an extra 40 min for me, North Face is my fav terrain in Poconos, I like that it is never crowded and that there are affordable hotels a couple miles away if I want to ski both days on a weekend. And I expect to be feeling a bit burned out on blue after a season with a pass. If I got a Montage pass on Feb, it would add variety to my late season this year, and then get Blue again next Feb.

On 12/4/2018 at 5:05 PM, saltyant said:

White Lightning needs more run out for those who opt to slide down without skis on. That one time on the White Lightning I picked up so much speed, just like The Stig, that I almost made it right to the lift with 170s in hand.

Shouldnt all those signs and the fact that you can see the head wall from where you get on the lift dissuade folks from finding themselves in that situation?

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

6 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Shouldnt all those signs and the fact that you can see the head wall from where you get on the lift dissuade folks from finding themselves in that situation?

Well you see I'm well aware of White Lighting, as I'd seen it numerous times from the base of Phoebe Express, but it was a Perder Day and I was feeling exceptionally confident. What could go wrong? Young whipper snappers ski the White Lightning on a daily basis. Upon approach it was groomed and flat and looked very easy. Then suddenly a 40 degree drop, and moguls the sizes of yurts dissuaded me from descending on RTMs. One day I will return and conquer the White Lightning (no I won't).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Doubt I will do Blue again next season. May take a year off from passes and do the PS&R cards then get a pass late season for the following year. If I can find a deal on a Peak Pass that will be tempting and would likely make Hunter my go to place with occasional trips to Frost or Snow.

• Like 1