Weekend Roll Call thread...12/8-12/9..

GrilledSteezeSandwich

10 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Wow just saw email with prices.

$60 on line / $65 window seems pretty steep for a weekend. What were they last year? Never actually seem to pay standard price.

I think the same.  As season pass holders we want the day ticket prices steep.  If they were $39 would be more crowds

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I think the same.  As season pass holders we want the day ticket prices steep.  If they were $39 would be more crowds

And the place would make money which means they 1. Won't close and 2. Will finish Coming Soon. 

5 minutes ago, Schif said:

And the place would make money which means they 1. Won't close and 2. Will finish Coming Soon. 

It’s back to lemonade stand economics.  Opening weekend they make more charging $39 than $65.  Now they’ll make more selling $65 tickets than $39...I doubt charging full price will reduce day ticket sales by nearly half.  There’s a lot of pent up demand to ski. The average day ticket buyer hasn’t even skied yet. 

I think Barbs Bush will be open by 2021

17 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What if I go to vista lift first.  I can skate like a mothershnucker

😯 You wouldn't take away my glory like that! Everyone always races down Midway the second the rope drops, and then I lag behind so I'm sure it will be the same tomorrow.

20 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Sounds like a good idea. I could be the first civilian to ski lazy mile too to bottom. Would be radical.  

Exactly. And I jumped out of a plane on 8/16/14 so I like to think I have balls of steel.

image.png.bbb643f14af4d56f5fd04accc7d2181e.png

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

Pretty remarkable that at Early Bird price of 399, pass pays for itself in 7 weekend visits compared to online price and 6 compared to window price. Go twice a month Dec through March and it more than pays off. Though not as good a deal as PS&R cards unless you factor in 2 $99 passes for 6th graders.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

3 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Pretty remarkable that the Early Bird pass pays for itself in 7 weekend visits compared to online price and 6 compared to window price. Go once every other weekend open to close and it is a deal. Though not as good a deal as PS&R cards unless you factor in 2 $99 passes for 6th graders.

Some of the Rocky Mountain area passes breakeven in four visits. It’s all about getting that cash flow upfront for Blue mountain. I’m sure there’s some season pass holders who only use their season pass a handful of times...great deal for sixth graders but somebody has to take em skiing.  The season pass is the cheap part of skiing. The expensive part is gear and trips. I spend far less per visit to Blue mountain then I’d spend if I was in Allentown not skiing on any particular day.  For example last ski season I didn’t go to bars Friday or Saturday nights to get good sleep before skiing and not be hungover...even if I just went out one of those two nights and spent $40 that alone more than pays for my season pass.  

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Some of the Rocky Mountain area passes breakeven in four visits. It’s all about getting that cash flow upfront for Blue mountain. I’m sure there’s some season pass holders who only use their season pass a handful of times...great deal for sixth graders but somebody has to take em skiing...

Yep, that what got me to buy my pass no doubt. Still at 199 a person avg, we make put if we go once a month as a family even if I never go along. Throw in the skiing we did on the passes last Feb-Apr and they may have paid for themselves by this weekend.

Just now, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Yep, that what got me to buy my pass no doubt. Still at 199 a person avg, we make put if we go once a month as a family even if I never go along. Throw in the skiing we did on the passes last Feb-Apr and they may have paid for themselves by this weekend.

They may have paid for themselves by this weekend but you wouldn’t have been paying window or online prices for tickets at Blue so it’s a moot point.  Remember your season passes entitle you to 10% off food and also tubing is included. 

• Thanks 1

Actually we have 15 skier visits in so far. Averaging out at $40 per skier visit if we did not ski again this season. 

You know I have taken advantage of the 10%. And kids are psyched for whenever tubing opens. Family tube is a fun thing. I took them tubing at Blue when they were 4, but one chickened out and stayed in lodge with Mom (was still married)