Weekend Roll Call thread...12/8-12/9..

GrilledSteezeSandwich

4 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Actually we have 15 skier visits in so far. Averaging out at $40 per skier visit if we did not ski again this season. 

You know I have taken advantage of the 10%. And kids are psyched for whenever tubing opens. Family tube is a fun thing. I took them tubing at Blue when they were 4, but one chickened out and stayed in lodge with Mom (was still married)

Don’t worry about the money so much and just have fun with your kids.  One day they’ll be teenagers and they’ll probably rather go to the mall with their friends or be with their boyfriends than hangout with their rockstar Dad

New Page!!!

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It’s back to lemonade stand economics.  Opening weekend they make more charging $39 than $65.  Now they’ll make more selling $65 tickets than $39...I doubt charging full price will reduce day ticket sales by nearly half.  There’s a lot of pent up demand to ski. The average day ticket buyer hasn’t even skied yet. 

I think Barbs Bush will be open by 2021

Blue has incentive to keep the crowds manageable but stay profitable this weekend. With the addition of Lazy they are going to be throwing a ton more skiers, percentage wise, at the double double than the last two weekends when hitting advanced terrain was the only way to get there. 

As much as I said i think it would be more fair to base full price on opening a high speed lift than opening Lazy, from a customer experience standpoint I’m glad they will be charging more, to hopefully suppress body count while still hitting their revenue target.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Blue has incentive to keep the crowds manageable but stay profitable this weekend. With the addition of Lazy they are going to be throwing a ton more skiers, percentage wise, at the double double than the last two weekends when hitting advanced terrain was the only way to get there. 

As much as I said i think it would be more fair to base full price on opening a high speed lift than opening Lazy, from a customer experience standpoint I’m glad they will be charging more, to hopefully suppress body count while still hitting their revenue target.

Also looks like the Burma side of the lift corral will be open.  That can make a huge difference...the line on that side is usually half as long. A no brainer coming from Main Street and worth the skate across traffic from lazy. 

• Like 1

The way to think about your pass is the first run costs 600$ or whatever and everyone after that is free. It's a liberating mindset. Snow is straight shit you can go home after 5 runs, shitty day at work and can only get there at 830 for 10 runs, saddle up partner and welcome to flavor country. Money is a tool, nothing more, nothing less.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Johnny Law said:

The way to think about your pass is the first run costs 600$ or whatever and everyone after that is free. It's a liberating mindset. Snow is straight shit you can go home after 5 runs, shitty day at work and can only get there at 830 for 10 runs, saddle up partner and welcome to flavor country. Money is a tool, nothing more, nothing less.

Yeah I have this same mindset with my flyers plan, first game costs $700 and the other 10 are free. It helps when you miss a game or they’re getting blown out in the second period and you leave early, there’s no guilt attached to it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Law said:

It's worth it to skip the ticket window. I hate having to do that extra step when I go somewhere else, especially when it's a 30 minute wait.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

It's worth it to skip the ticket window. I hate having to do that extra step when I go somewhere else, especially when it's a 30 minute wait.

Where did you wait 30 minutes for tickets??  I remember Jack Frost big boulder used to make season pass holders go to the ticket window every day for a ticket but for more money you could go directly to the lift.  Crazy. 

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Where did you wait 30 minutes for tickets??  I remember Jack Frost big boulder used to make season pass holders go to the ticket window every day for a ticket but for more money you could go directly to the lift.  Crazy. 

Camelback has several hundred people in line on the busiest weekends, so I imagine a 30 minute wait, probably closer to an hour. That Jack Frost deal probably really annoyed season pass holders.

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Camelback has several hundred people in line on the busiest weekends, so I imagine a 30 minute wait, probably closer to an hour. That Jack Frost deal probably really annoyed season pass holders.

I don’t think they cared cause it’s such a great mountain. Especially when Floyd’s is open. 

Yup I remember that. It sucked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should see the ticket line at Blue on those weekend days after a snowstorm. The line goes out the door and up the sidewalk. Its gotta be 30 mins. long then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk