Jump to content
GrilledSteezeSandwich

Weekend Roll Call thread...12/8-12/9..

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Actually we have 15 skier visits in so far. Averaging out at $40 per skier visit if we did not ski again this season. 

 

You know I have taken advantage of the 10%. And kids are psyched for whenever tubing opens. Family tube is a fun thing. I took them tubing at Blue when they were 4, but one chickened out and stayed in lodge with Mom (was still married)

Don’t worry about the money so much and just have fun with your kids.  One day they’ll be teenagers and they’ll probably rather go to the mall with their friends or be with their boyfriends than hangout with their rockstar Dad

 

 New Page!!!

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It’s back to lemonade stand economics.  Opening weekend they make more charging $39 than $65.  Now they’ll make more selling $65 tickets than $39...I doubt charging full price will reduce day ticket sales by nearly half.  There’s a lot of pent up demand to ski. The average day ticket buyer hasn’t even skied yet. 

 

I think Barbs Bush will be open by 2021

Blue has incentive to keep the crowds manageable but stay profitable this weekend. With the addition of Lazy they are going to be throwing a ton more skiers, percentage wise, at the double double than the last two weekends when hitting advanced terrain was the only way to get there. 

As much as I said i think it would be more fair to base full price on opening a high speed lift than opening Lazy, from a customer experience standpoint I’m glad they will be charging more, to hopefully suppress body count while still hitting their revenue target.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Blue has incentive to keep the crowds manageable but stay profitable this weekend. With the addition of Lazy they are going to be throwing a ton more skiers, percentage wise, at the double double than the last two weekends when hitting advanced terrain was the only way to get there. 

As much as I said i think it would be more fair to base full price on opening a high speed lift than opening Lazy, from a customer experience standpoint I’m glad they will be charging more, to hopefully suppress body count while still hitting their revenue target.

Also looks like the Burma side of the lift corral will be open.  That can make a huge difference...the line on that side is usually half as long. A no brainer coming from Main Street and worth the skate across traffic from lazy. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way to think about your pass is the first run costs 600$ or whatever and everyone after that is free. It's a liberating mindset. Snow is straight shit you can go home after 5 runs, shitty day at work and can only get there at 830 for 10 runs, saddle up partner and welcome to flavor country. Money is a tool, nothing more, nothing less.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Johnny Law said:

The way to think about your pass is the first run costs 600$ or whatever and everyone after that is free. It's a liberating mindset. Snow is straight shit you can go home after 5 runs, shitty day at work and can only get there at 830 for 10 runs, saddle up partner and welcome to flavor country. Money is a tool, nothing more, nothing less.

Yeah I have this same mindset with my flyers plan, first game costs $700 and the other 10 are free. It helps when you miss a game or they’re getting blown out in the second period and you leave early, there’s no guilt attached to it. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Johnny Law said:

The way to think about your pass is the first run costs 600$ or whatever and everyone after that is free. It's a liberating mindset. Snow is straight shit you can go home after 5 runs, shitty day at work and can only get there at 830 for 10 runs, saddle up partner and welcome to flavor country. Money is a tool, nothing more, nothing less.

It's worth it to skip the ticket window. I hate having to do that extra step when I go somewhere else, especially when it's a 30 minute wait.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

It's worth it to skip the ticket window. I hate having to do that extra step when I go somewhere else, especially when it's a 30 minute wait.

Where did you wait 30 minutes for tickets??  I remember Jack Frost big boulder used to make season pass holders go to the ticket window every day for a ticket but for more money you could go directly to the lift.  Crazy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Where did you wait 30 minutes for tickets??  I remember Jack Frost big boulder used to make season pass holders go to the ticket window every day for a ticket but for more money you could go directly to the lift.  Crazy. 

Camelback has several hundred people in line on the busiest weekends, so I imagine a 30 minute wait, probably closer to an hour. That Jack Frost deal probably really annoyed season pass holders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, saltyant said:

Camelback has several hundred people in line on the busiest weekends, so I imagine a 30 minute wait, probably closer to an hour. That Jack Frost deal probably really annoyed season pass holders.

Hit the CBK lodge at Camelback. Park down there too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Camelback has several hundred people in line on the busiest weekends, so I imagine a 30 minute wait, probably closer to an hour. That Jack Frost deal probably really annoyed season pass holders.

I don’t think they cared cause it’s such a great mountain. Especially when Floyd’s is open. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Where did you wait 30 minutes for tickets??  I remember Jack Frost big boulder used to make season pass holders go to the ticket window every day for a ticket but for more money you could go directly to the lift.  Crazy. 


Yup I remember that. It sucked



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Where did you wait 30 minutes for tickets??  I remember Jack Frost big boulder used to make season pass holders go to the ticket window every day for a ticket but for more money you could go directly to the lift.  Crazy. 


You should see the ticket line at Blue on those weekend days after a snowstorm. The line goes out the door and up the sidewalk. Its gotta be 30 mins. long then.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Exactly. And I jumped out of a plane on 8/16/14 so I like to think I have balls of steel.
image.png.bbb643f14af4d56f5fd04accc7d2181e.png


Meh. I did it this past summer.
A lot more fun than scary.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, saltyant said:

Exactly. And I jumped out of a plane on 8/16/14 so I like to think I have balls of steel.

image.png.bbb643f14af4d56f5fd04accc7d2181e.png

Do it without a chute then you won't be a pussy. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AtomicSkier said:

Do it without a chute then you won't be a pussy. 

You spelled “that thing that gss called me” wrong. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Yup I remember that. It sucked



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even as an instructor we had to get a ticket.... Dumb-Chit


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even as an instructor we had to get a ticket.... Dumb-Chit


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been a minute but didn't Frost recently implement the laser tag scan gun?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×