12/8/18...Saturday..PASR day...

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another early season day at Blue mountain the true mountain. The third weekend of Blue mountains ski season kicked off with a lot of snowmaking, new terrain and a lot of PASR in the house.  In the house were Johnny Law, Phillycore, Atomic Jeff, JFDan, Ryan, Toast, PARidge Justo, Rose, GSSucks, Slim, Indiggio, Salty, Enjorales, Enjorales Dad, MBike mike, Mrs. Snowbunski, Nastar Glenn and many more.  

Another top lodge rip drop under overcast cloud cover with temperatures in the low 20s with light to moderate winds.  Conditions were alright the usual some smooth some choppy..lazy mile a little rough lower down but at least I passed Salty on it and my consolation prize was getting to ride the lift with him. 

A good amount of people at blue some nice snow found on the side of midway due to blow over from a snowmaking cannon blasting on the run that connects midway to Burma..lots of snowmaking on the east side including tubing and falls and challenge and home stretch and tuts lane is ready...

After skiing had some beers in the lot and stopped at Chic Fil A on the way home.  I’ll be back at Blue mountain the true mountain ready to shred the gnar again. Should be another PASR day with NMSki and TP4 and Matt edge in the house..JADIP

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Come around should have a warning sign. I got mad air unintentionally and took a hard fall. Thought I broke my back but fortunately just some minor elbow and side pain. At least my RTMs came off especially since i havent had my bindings tested this year. That was the worst part of day. It was rad when I told Nastar Glenn on the lift that I was Salty and he said I'm famous.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Come around should have a warning sign. I got mad air unintentionally and took a hard fall. Thought I broke my back but fortunately just some minor elbow and side pain. At least my RTMs came off especially since i havent had my bindings tested this year. That was the worst part of day. It was rad when I told Nastar Glenn on the lift that I was Salty and he said I'm famous.

Pretty sure there is a warning sign at the top saying it is freestyle terrain. You went over a ramp by accident?

We got 9 nice runs in today. How did you not know that run was a park? First rodeo?

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1

Just now, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Pretty sure there is a warning sign at the too saying it is freestyle terrain. You went over a ramp by accident?

We got 9 nice runs in today.

True, but I didn't go over a ramp, just the regular trail. I had a lot of speed because it's only a blue square, and I've done Come Around hundreds of times, so I didn't expect such a large slope from snowmaking. Ouch!

44 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

My favorite part of the day was watching GSS snake SaltyAnus at the last second to claim the first down Lazy prize.

I had no idea you guys were behind me. Assumed you were on the lift coming up from your Midway run as I was claiming Lazy Mile. Well Played.

18 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

The Lazy Mile glades were fucking epic today. I didn't expect them to blow so much snow in there, but it really was the best on the mountain because it wasn't heavily traveled. Felt like I was out west. Hoping tomorrow is the same.

Are you breaking ski2lives stones or are you serious? Lol

The Lazy Mile glades were fucking epic today. I didn't expect them to blow so much snow in there, but it really was the best on the mountain because it wasn't heavily traveled. Felt like I was out west. Hoping tomorrow is the same.

Amazing. Pockets of powder everywhere if you knew where to look.
  • Like 3

Yeah. Surprised Doug didn't mention it in his report but I think he only skied it once, and that was the first run so just crushing chunky cord, not looking to the trees for the freshies. 

I think he purposely omitted it because he didn't want to advertise where the deep stuff was. Can't advertise where the secret stashes are ya know. And it was definitely deep
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Blue definitely made some money today.  The couple times I walked by the ticket window there was always a solid line 15-20+ people, more at 745am. Bear creek isn’t open yet and Elk opens Thursday.  I don’t know about Jackson frost. 

I wonder how is floyds fooly?

Edited by saltyant

3 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

He beat Salty to the bottom, but Pops and I were first down Lazy. He doesn’t care for Midway

I was 2 minutes late to the rope drop. I also don't care for Midway, though I'll do it if there's nothing else open.

Edited by saltyant
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Blue definitely made some money today.  The couple times I walked by the ticket window there was always a solid line 15-20+ people, more at 745am. Bear creek isn’t open yet and Elk opens Thursday.  I don’t know about Jackson frost. 

Bear opens Wednesday see you there!!!!!!!!! 

Seriously though, good for blue. This time of year is bonus money for any place open. 

4 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Fake News.    Elk opens Wednesday...