12/9/18..better snow..Sunday

GrilledSteezeSandwich

5 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

On the Snow app shows rain ending Sat AM. But my flipping the coin in my pocket app is about as accurate as weather forecasts 5 days out.

I honestly think it’s terrible for stoke bringing up the potential for rain 5 days..I blame Antman and if it rains it’s gonna mess up his Hair gel. 

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

I wonder what the gas savings are by parking at the top lot the entire season. $1.50? 

Depends how many days you ski.  I’d guess maybe a quarter per visit but not worth having to take a crappy final run either connecting all the way across or taking the loser lifts to easy out. 

36 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Dont put too much faith in a forecast 5 days out.  I dont disagree there may be some less than stellar weather late this week, but lots can change between now and then.  

Your right.

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I honestly think it’s terrible for stoke bringing up the potential for rain 5 days..I blame Antman and if it rains it’s gonna mess up his Hair gel. 

I should have continued my thought and said I wonder if the rain will have any impact on opening the Valley. And I don't use hair GEL thank you very much.:rofl

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Depends how many days you ski.  I’d guess maybe a quarter per visit but not worth having to take a crappy final run either connecting all the way across or taking the loser lifts to easy out. 

I doubt it’s even a quarter each visit.  

Just now, Kyle said:

I doubt it’s even a quarter each visit.  

Well you have about 2 miles of additional uphill driving going lower lot vs maybe 1/2 or uphill driving for upper lot.  The coasting to get to lower lot or out of upper lot is almost no gas.  Depends on current gas price and vehicle.  I know the Dude4Bides doesn’t like parking at lower lot because he has a GTI sports car and doesn’t want to begin a drive by going straight uphill.  Matt Edge always liked parking at the top so he could ski chute right away and the lower spine 

1 minute ago, JFskiDan said:

Dont start him up.  If thats really a factor in the overall experience to ski, probably need to take up knitting. 

I was more genuinely curious to to what it would actually turn out to be a year assuming the average season pass holders skiier visits per year. Who knows, it could add up to be a decent amount of savings. 

I park in the lower lot the few times a year I go to blue because it seems like there a less morons who park down there and everyone has their shit together for the most part 

Cost really not a factor. I get to upper lot and get the "I'm here" feeling. Never crosses my mind to drive an extra couple miles for the privilege of having to ride a lift before skiing.

I could imagine I will do it one day when road conditions make me opt for Tpk to Lehighton instead of standard route, or if I promise girls snowtubing after skiing. I did park in lower lot when I took them tubing there in 2011.

4 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Cost really not a factor. I get to upper lot and get the "I'm here" feeling. Never crosses my mind to drive an extra couple miles for the privilege of having to ride a lift before skiing.

I could imagine I will do it one day when road conditions make me opt for Tpk to Lehighton instead of standard route, or if I promise girls snowtubing after skiing. I did park in lower lot when I took them tubing there in 2011.

You either have to ride a lift before skiing or ride a lift after skiing...6 and a half dozen..I didn’t think people from outside Princeton NJ would take the turnpike to blue I figured maybe like 206 to 202 to 287 to 78 to 33 to 248.  Maybe with a stop for a buttered roll to split three ways. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mbike-ski said:

I thought I had a good source for today 's valley opening - a BMR coach on a lift ride.

Apparently not...

ohhhhhh, so you are the one that started that rumor.    I did find it a little odd they would open it with such limited terrain on a Monday, but theres economics, then theres Blueconomics.  

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You either have to ride a lift before skiing or ride a lift after skiing...6 and a half dozen..I didn’t think people from outside Princeton NJ would take the turnpike to blue I figured maybe like 206 to 202 to 287 to 78 to 33 to 248.  Maybe with a stop for a buttered roll to split three ways. 

From my place I go 31 72 22 Hackettown Rd exit and back roads. But I sometimes come from my parents house in Jenkintown 15 min from Ft Washington exit.  And during a snow storm I could see opting for Tpk over back roads from either place, Nd opting for Lehighton over having to go up and over Mt coming from 145

Just now, antman12 said:

I think a public tar and feathering at the next PASR morning is in order. Anybody else agree? :nana

That is a bit extreme, but I think there should be some penalty like cleaning Doug's car, or helping with the criminal investigation into how Doug got high and forgot he was carrying his poles. 

• Haha 1