Snowing & Scrumptious

toast21602

Today was a perfect example of why I love weekday mornings.  Perfect conditions outside of falls lol.  Good time riding with toast and mute.  Finally used my new bindings and experimented with a new stance.  Set the bindings as close to the tail as possible in order to gain more nose length...very happy with the results 

• Like 3

I’m back from a fun session...I arrived at the lower lot around 640pm and in the House were PARidge, Antman, Antman cousin, West Chester Peeps, West Chester Guys Siberian husky, Atomic Jeff and Shadows.  

The temperature was around 30 degrees and there was a bit of a fog and mist near the peak. The two runs I skied were Main Street and Lazy to the falls both from the comet quad which was the lift du jour.  Lazy mile was pretty smooth a bit of light sugar..the experts only pole is still up on the way to Falls which shadows got steeZy air off of.  Main Street was a little more sugar, top was nice..shuttle to homestretch slow..I miss lower park and Central Park but they will be open after the next cold spell. Paradise looks ready for the weekend I don’t think tomorrow.  

Skied until 840pm then hangout in the lot till almost 930 drank a dank beer Jeff brought I forgot the name of it but it was high test. I’m hoping for a few breaks in the weather this weekend perhaps Saturday late morning we shall see..and Sunday sometime. JADIP

• Like 2

Finally a chance to write a couple sentences about last night.

Great time at Blue last night! After driving the whole way in a light rain and hitting a bunch of traffic I wasn't too excited to snowboard TBH. I saw Phillycore and briefly spoke to him then got suited and booted real quick and took 2 quick runs before heading back to the lot to meet up with my cousin. By this time Jeff,Ridge and Doug were in the lot finishing getting ready. The run of the night for my cousin and I was Lazy to Falls with great snow on both trails with little side hits all down lazy mile. A little slow, but I think that has to do more with my board than the snow.

Like Tuesday, no lift lines, good snow and good people, cheers.

• Like 1

For the mid-week sessions it'll be tough for me to be able to ski with you guys honestly.
If I planned to get there when you guys are able to around 6:30 it would very easily take me an extra hour sitting in traffic.
Since I get there early and I'm fat as fuck my legs are shot by the time you guys get there. If I hang out until close and get home after midnight the 5:40 am alarm going to be mad technical

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, phillycore said:

For the mid-week sessions it'll be tough for me to be able to ski with you guys honestly.
If I planned to get there when you guys are able to around 6:30 it would very easily take me an extra hour sitting in traffic.
Since I get there early and I'm fat as fuck my legs are shot by the time you guys get there. If I hang out until close and get home after midnight the 5:40 am alarm going to be mad technical

You do you. Just pumped for you to be getting out more this skison! 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, phillycore said:

Respect for even getting out on weeknights!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, antman12 said:

Finally a chance to write a couple sentences about last night.

Great time at Blue last night! After driving the whole way in a light rain and hitting a bunch of traffic I wasn't too excited to snowboard TBH. I saw Phillycore and briefly spoke to him then got suited and booted real quick and took 2 quick runs before heading back to the lot to meet up with my cousin. By this time Jeff,Ridge and Doug were in the lot finishing getting ready. The run of the night for my cousin and I was Lazy to Falls with great snow on both trails with little side hits all down lazy mile. A little slow, but I think that has to do more with my board than the snow.

Like Tuesday, no lift lines, good snow and good people, cheers.

It’s always worth it once you’re there even if it’s raining or you’re a little tired when the alarm clock goes off the next morning and it’s still dark outside.  

52 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

These night sessions without the school kids is a giant bonus..next week should be the same...Tuesday and Thursday next week...maybe do Wednesday skiing then karaoke 🎤 to make up for potential no skiing Sunday. 

I might have to do that as well since I passed on this morning since it was so damn foggy. Bad memories of skiing in the fog at Blue.