12/15/18...no rain..a little foggy..PASR day.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 720am and the temperature was in the low 40s under overcast sky’s with fog on the upper mountain extending to the peak.  In the house were Atomic Jeff, JFDan, Ryan, Mute, Toast, Schifdawg GSSucks, Ty, Shadows, T Maki, West Chester homeys, Indiggio, Tarponhead, JLaw and many others. 

First civilian six pack and the six pack ran flawlessly I don’t think it stopped once..Main Street was a carpet first thing but poor visibility on the top half..lazy to the falls also good.  Concussion Ted was making sure that nobody was going on paradise while the patrol got it ready with bamboo lollipops yeah it definitely wasn’t sucker free.  

I skied the Barney’s Bumps once and they were pretty nice..small but carvable..the snow was hero snow and not that crazy choppy at least from 8-10...paradise was a little more firm and spicy..Lazy mike became crazy mike was some serious needle threading. Was a nice session totally ski on ended up skiing I believe 13 runs and then retired to the parking lot for a couple beers.  No BMDI tomorrow and I fear no skiing tomorrow AM with the weather forecast. 

A fre pics. Shout out to Barb with the 80s music and some early fog and mist which cleared then set in and cleared again. JADIP 

4D3C7748-CDBE-434F-8EDF-B38C0737A83F.jpeg

D186A9E6-4E74-464D-9735-67D9D3F4BAD7.jpeg

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 4

A little more about today. Snow was excellent everywhere. So nice to ski "Para.....Para.....Paradise". the Fog at the peak lifted around 10:45 or so which was great for visibility. Crowds were minimal except for the race team on Main St. Production on Challenge looks good. Overall a a great day. So far it's been dry, at least around here. Hopefully it stays that way.

• Like 2

So I drove down to the lower lot with my daughter thinking for sure I would finally meet you guys.

But:

1)  Lower lodge wasn't selling tickets we had to go back tot he summit.

2) I guess you guys were gone - it was around 11:15-11:30.  Didn't see anyone tailgating. 

We took our time because the forecast indicated rain didn't stop until 11-12.  Snow was great - spring corn, not to slushy.  longest line was maybe 5 chairs.  Skied 11:45 to 3 and had enough.  Fun time.

Really think Blue is doing a nice job - summit lodge is damn nice (except the food - the food f-ing sucks) and they were selling noon to 4 tickets fo $40, which was nice thing for them to do - I would have totally paid regular price.  And the snow making production is pretty crazy....

Easy to like a mountain when you have no crowds and soft snow, but that aside, I feel like they are doing things right.  

Anywho - great day.  Lazy>Falls was the ROTD, fun to have Burma open, and the bumps were fun, though they got slick toward the end of our session.

• Like 1