12/20...the calm before the storm. Lots of PASRs!!!

GrilledSteezeSandwich

On the way home from Blue...full report later but I thought I’d start the report now.  There was an inversion at 8am with the temperature of 31 degrees at the summit entrance and 25 in the valley.  In the house were Shadows, Toast, Indiggio, TP4, VTMark and Root.  

Initially the snow was a carpet.  Western groomers.....to be continued. 

C56059A6-C5FD-459B-887C-AC7ED88EB78D.jpeg

• Like 1

Main Street was finally reopened from the top and no bumps so very wide..it became a little icy and chunky after a few runs..that’s what is known as lipstick on a pig.  Lazy mile to falls also a carpet earlier and became sugar extraordinarily fast considering the lack of people.  Bethlehem ford guy Kurt was also out on his new skis.  He has some giant lifter plates woo.  

Paradise was pretry nice initiallg also became mad sweet and low by 1000am. One run me Indiggio and root stopped at the corner to admire barbs bush..that is gonna be one gnarly intersection.  I ended up skiing 13 runs from 830-1040 then had a quick beer in the lot and drove over to near the tubing lodge and took the homeboy way around to True Blue sports shop which I’ve never been in before.  

Was a nice time to go..only one other customer who came up to me and shook my hand knows me from the parking lot..I don’t remember him but must have been foggy that day.  I wanted the Look pivots but were over $300 so settled on tyrolia binders for my Atomic 95s and already had Looks that I bought online to mount to the Kastles..also bought a pair of nordica speedmachine 110s. I had the same boots two boots ago..they fit nice and 315 BSL so Johnny Law and Atomic Jeff and maybe even Matt edge can try out the kastles.  10% discount on boots and binders...free mount for atomics and $80 on the mount for kastles...binding prices are about $100 more at blue than online so a total wash really except better variety online.  I’m happy to give them some business over Buckmans and skis will be ready by noon Saturday so one more day on the old boots..JADIP.  See some of you Saturday morning for hopefully some nice soft and fast snow. 

i like Blue's shop, but their selection of bindings is limited.  I feel their turn around on mounts and tunes is really top notch though.  When i brought them my bindings to mount on the enforcers, they were like "give me about 45 mins."  i was like, wait, what? 

• Like 5

Just now, JFskiDan said:

i like Blue's shop, but their selection of bindings is limited.  I feel their turn around on mounts and tunes is really top notch though.  When i brought them my bindings to mount on the enforcers, they were like "give me about 45 mins."  i was like, wait, what? 

That’s super fast turnaround.  I just said I wanted them by noon Saturday and they said that’s cool. They have Volkyl skis now at TrueBlue they said for the first time.  They also said they’ve been busy and running out of a lot of stuff. I actually got the last pair of 27.5 ski boots but that’s a popular size. 

10 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That’s super fast turnaround.  I just said I wanted them by noon Saturday and they said that’s cool. They have Volkyl skis now at TrueBlue they said for the first time.  They also said they’ve been busy and running out of a lot of stuff. I actually got the last pair of 27.5 ski boots but that’s a popular size. 

Good for them. The shops at mountains should be the best. I'll be getting goggles and helmet there shortly. At least a helmet next week. Binding turnaround is awesome. Did mine in a day. Probably could've done it while I wait at the bar.

• Like 1

• toast21602 changed the title to 12/20...the calm before the storm. Lots of PASRs!!!

I was there from about 930-1200. I thought the snow was really nice, and having top of Main Street open again was great. Left early, as we were supposed to have a fridge delivered between 130-330. Jerks called my  hubby around 1230, their delivery driver called in sick, so no fridge today. Like they didn’t know that in the morning. It really clouded up quickly, and light was flat, so I guess it was a good time to leave. Rained pretty hard on my way home. 

6 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

I’ve had work done there a couple times, always happy with it. 

2 hours ago, eaf said:

I'm a little confused about GSS's plans on using these 95C and BMX115. Is 95C going to be a daily driver from now on? And is BMX going to be reserved for snow days and JH?

115s are my shiros replacement. For pow days and slush days. 95s daily driver..along with mantras. Everything confuses you 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

115s are my shiros replacement. For pow days and slush days. 95s daily driver..along with mantras. Everything confuses you 

Well, let me ask you a "stupid question" then. Would it not make more sense to make a daily driver a more advanced ski and pick something simpler for those rare pow days? 95C don't even have any metal in them as it seems.

27 minutes ago, eaf said:

Well, let me ask you a "stupid question" then. Would it not make more sense to make a daily driver a more advanced ski and pick something simpler for those rare pow days? 95C don't even have any metal in them as it seems.

The reviews for the 95 were really good...you think it matters that much to me?  You think I’ve always skied on stiff ass mantras...fuck I’ve skied through the steepest tightest woods on skinny ass skis filled with core shots....you think I’m a gear head..you think if I see another pair of skis I like next month I’ll buy em???  Did you know I was born with a hole in my ass and haven’t shit myself in years.  

Whats a simpler powder ski???  Do you even ski powder...

1A55D6EB-E9C4-4DA8-9124-C278CEF8D907.jpeg

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

The reviews for the 95 were really good...you think it matters that much to me?  You think I’ve always skied on stiff ass mantras...fuck I’ve skied through the steepest tightest woods on skinny ass skis filled with core shots....you think I’m a gear head..you think if I see another pair of skis I like next month I’ll buy em???  Did you know I was born with a hole in my ass and haven’t shit myself in years.  

Whats a simpler powder ski???  Do you even ski powder...

1A55D6EB-E9C4-4DA8-9124-C278CEF8D907.jpeg.48084bd9111aa798d6fd1bc22c18fa47.jpeg

Congrats on not shitting yourself in years. That makes one of us.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2