Saturday 12/22...PASR Day...

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun day at Blue mountain the true mountain.  I arrived at the lower lot around 720AM and it was in the upper 30s under overcast sky’s with moderate winds.  In the house were Root, Atomic Jeff, Toast, Phillycore, Slim, Indiggio, Tarponhead, Marty, GahSkier George, bethlehem Ford Kurt, PARidge, Justo, Ty, Johnny Law, Ryan, Antman, Hans and many more.  

Snow was soft and in my opinion pretty nice the first few runs..really only three main routes..Main Street, lazy to the falls and Paradise. SP3000 on Paradise...

Skiing was fun and early on there were a few wet flakes near the peak.  In the lot beers, soft pretzels and Xmas cookies were enjoyed...I picked up my new skis which were stolen and recovered on the way to point Phillips hotel...tomorrow I’m going to Virginia to see family.  I’ll be back at Blue on Wednesday and I’m thinking it should be pretty rowdy..merry Christmas everybody especially to the uber drivers names Muhammad!!!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

It disappoints me to hear that there still is a perceived animosity between the PASR community and the Blue Mountain Ski Patrol.  After an interaction with a BMSP member today, it's evident that they still feel malevolence towards our community.  To them I say:  put the distant past behind you.  We have.  We're all skiers.  We slide down a mountain on frozen water with pieces of wood and plastic on our feet.  There is no time or place for ill will.  I know I am well known in the BMSP circles.  I encourage those circles to open up and say "Hello".  Ride the lift with us.  Stop by our tailgates.  We're not complete assholes, we're just insanely passionate about skiing.

On a better note...GSS's new skis are freakin beautiful.  Johnny Law fucked them a few times before I stole them and drove off.  

kyvk%N4JQ8+zUlZ8vsexdQ.jpg

ogzTpOnoRwmVNZXpQmXZow.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

It disappoints me to hear that there still is a perceived animosity between the PASR community and the Blue Mountain Ski Patrol.  After an interaction with a BMSP member today, it's evident that they still feel malevolence towards our community.  To them I say:  put the distant past behind you.  We have.  We're all skiers.  We slide down a mountain on frozen water with pieces of wood and plastic on our feet.  There is no time or place for ill will.  I know I am well known in the BMSP circles.  I encourage those circles to open up and say "Hello".  Ride the lift with us.  Stop by our tailgates.  We're not complete assholes, we're just insanely passionate about skiing.

Can somebody fill me in on what happen in the distant past?

4 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

Over zealous patrollers almost 10 years ago.  Was around the time Blue was featured in TruTV's "Ski Patrol" reality show.

I vaguely remember this now. How Ironic that it came around the time they were on a reality show. 

They were extra whistle happy today which conjured up memories of the days of yore. Apparently action shots were taken.

Today was good. The first few runs were really good then things got choppy right quick. Limited terrain + warm weather + race team = a bumpy ride....Quick maths.

Still a lot of fun with y'all. Phillycore and myself even did a Tour de Blu.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Today was good. The first few runs were really good then things got choppy right quick. Limited terrain + warm weather + race team = a bumpy ride....Quick maths.

Thanks. I was just considering night skiing but changed my mind. Most people here dont mind bumpy but I really dislike those conditions. I figured the snow would be bad after the warm temps and rain, maybe I'll go tomorrow morning.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Thanks. I was just considering night skiing but changed my mind. Most people here dont mind bumpy but I really dislike those conditions. I figured the snow would be bad after the warm temps and rain, maybe I'll go tomorrow morning.

Salty are you off work at all between Xmas and New Years?? Will be rad to ski open to when it’s a shitshow. 

9 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'll just to tomorrow morning instead and ski some fresh cord on FirstTraix. I'll never forget last year when I left Camelback after 2 runs because it was so awful out.

Well that cancels out the day you did 40 runs.  Have fun tomorrow.  I won’t be there but you can enjoy first tracks 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Gotta give props to the snowmakers..they’ve really had a limited amount of days to make snow this season..by focusing on key runs they’ve been able to withstand all these rain and warm events.  Bear creek is closed right now and looks like some snowmaking midweek but mainly night time.  

18 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

New Year’s Eve is always a good day to ski before you party with your brahs 

I skied Camelback one New Years Eve and it was great. There was no one there. I dont party or do anything differently on News Years Eve. Usually asleep by 11 pm. Wow I am exciting.