Sunday 12/23/18... PASR Day...

saltyant

Hey all; just concluded another fun session at Blue Mountain, the truest of mountains. Representing PASR were Atomic, Toast, Johnny Law, NMSki, M-Bike-Ski, Matt Edge, Philly Core, and many, many, many others. Pulled into the Upper Lot at 0744 hours and not many cars were parked there which was surprising. Made it to rope drop with 7 minutes to spare so I sat on the lounge chairs to save my leg strength. First run down Midway was mad steezy. First run down Main Street was mad steezy. Both runs had wall to wall corduroy which was fun to ski. Then Lazy Mile was also quite steezy. Paradise sucked hardcore and was barely skiable. By far the most horrendous run of the day. Burma was OK. Falls was rad. The highlight of the day was when the PASRs appeared out of nowhere and Atomic made an attempt to steal my ski poles on Homestretch, and he allegedly crashed in that attempt though I didnt actually witness it. This is all hearsay from Atomic. Maybe next time he will snatch my ski poles on Homestretch but today wasnt that day. I'll be extra cognizant of my surroundings on Home Stretch from now on and watch for potential pirates.  Called it quits around 1016 and had cold frozen coffee in my car.  Overall a decent day, JADIP, Ice is Nice, Dress like a Cosmonaut.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

How much “leg strength” could you possibly use standing by the rope at 753am?

Also we park at the bottom lot now that the 6-pack is open.  You should too.

I always sit somewhere unless standing is a requirement. In fact I'm sitting on a bench at Wal-Mart right now. I'm more of a Top Lot kind of guy, as the lodge is a lot nicer and there aren't any deep craters in the parking lot. But I still visited the lower lot when it was 900 hours and knew to look for Atomic's bright orange pants from the lift.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Yeah I like to get right on the snow while it's good. That's one extra run on fresh cord compared to having to ride the lift first from the lower lot.

Wow smart. You really know your stuff.  Did you get to ski with any of the PASRs?  Be sure to update your stats. 

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow smart. You really know your stuff.  Did you get to ski with any of the PASRs?  Be sure to update your stats. 

I rode the lift with Johnny Law, NMSki, Toast, Atomic and Matt Edge. That's the order from left to right and I was between Johnny Law and NMSki. But no, I didnt ski with anyone other than on Homestretch when Atomic snuck up on me and tried to pirate my ski poles, and ended up crashing. The video footage must be saved on their webcam archives. 

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

I always sit somewhere unless standing is a requirement. In fact I'm sitting on a bench at Wal-Mart right now. I'm more of a Top Lot kind of guy, as the lodge is a lot nicer and there aren't any deep craters in the parking lot. But I still visited the lower lot when it was 900 hours and knew to look for Atomic's bright orange pants from the lift.

What are you doing at Walmart?  Did your mom need panty liners?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I think the ROTD was main street.  That just means it was just a little bit better than anything else condition wise.  

Lower lot rocks, no matter how (bad) conditions are, the lot is always on point .  so glad to be back down there.  

We really need some good snowmaking temps soon.  

The race team BS is out of control.  

Have we figured out what time opening is tomorrow?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I think the ROTD was main street.  That just means it was just a little bit better than anything else condition wise.  

Lower lot rocks, no matter how (bad) conditions are, the lot is always on point .  so glad to be back down there.  

We really need some good snowmaking temps soon.  

Have we figured out what time opening is tomorrow?

Tomorrow is 830am opening. It’s not a holiday. 

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Tomorrow is 830am opening. It’s not a holiday. 

Special Holiday Hours & Rates

Ski & Snowboard

• TODAY: Sunday, 12/23: 8 AM- 9 PM
  • Christmas Eve: Monday 12/24: 8 AM- 4 PM *Night Tickets Available After Noon*
  • Christmas Day: Tuesday 12/25: CLOSED
  • Wednesday 12/26- Tuesday 1/1: 8 AM - 10 PM  * PEAK RATES *

They have no fucking idea what time they open.  website says 8, the live chat lady says 8:30.  

Edited by JFskiDan

7 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Special Holiday Hours & Rates

Ski & Snowboard

• TODAY: Sunday, 12/23: 8 AM- 9 PM
  • Christmas Eve: Monday 12/24: 8 AM- 4 PM *Night Tickets Available After Noon*
  • Christmas Day: Tuesday 12/25: CLOSED
  • Wednesday 12/26- Tuesday 1/1: 8 AM - 10 PM  * PEAK RATES *

They have no fucking idea what time they open.  website says 8, the live chat lady says 8:30.  

I saw 830 on Facebook the other day and it’s always been weekday hours on Xmas eve.  

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I saw 830 on Facebook the other day and it’s always been weekday hours on Xmas eve.  

i called, just basically to harass them a little.  they said 8:30.  Tubing opens at 8 though, in case anyone is interested.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Completely out of control. At this one point yesterday there was atleast 3 dozen(!) of them all at the top of the 6 in the way. However, It was hilarious to watch my cousin get stuck in the middle of all of them, trie to waddle out of the pack and ultimately fall face first because of the little damn race kids. I was laughing in this case, but all too often they get in way and cause hassle.

Are they always there both Saturdays and Sunday??

• Like 2

1 minute ago, antman12 said:

Completely out of control. At this one point yesterday there was atleast 3 dozen(!) of them all at the top of the 6 in the way. However, It was hilarious to watch my cousin get stuck in the middle of all of them, trie to waddle out of the pack and ultimately fall face first because of the little damn race kids. I was laughing in this case, but all too often they get in way and cause hassle.

Are they always there both Saturdays and Sunday??

Saturdays and Sundays 8-1