12/26..trying new skis..snowmaking.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun post Christmas session at Blue mountain the true mountain.  I arrived at the lower lot around 720AM and was 30 degrees out with snowguns blazing on razors, lower park, Central Park, razors and nightmare to Dream Weaver. Also in the house were Root, Slim, Nastar Glenn and Indiggio.  

I first tried out my Kastle 115s with first civilian six pack on Main Street and the snow was sort of rough..not smooth some cookies and just frozen snot...Lazy mile to falls was much better although falls was lipstick on a pig with cookies emerging later.  I traded the kastles for roots monsters and skied a run on them then went to lot and grabbed my Atomic 95s to try out.  While they are light they can handle speed I can do little doodle turns if I want..although the corners on Lazy and paradise were solid ice so didn’t try to push em too much.  

Was also skiing on new boots boots for first time and didn’t wear them around or anything so was nice taking em off at 10am in the lot and having a few beers and enjoying a john Denver like zen moment.  Rocky Mountain high...I thought the Rockies were rockier than this.... ski everyone tomorrow morning.

905CBC02-847F-4717-9357-852A7749F930.jpeg

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The guy parked by me had full face helmet was the same color as the tin man from the wizard of Oz. 

F238EDF1-108F-40E5-857D-16CE971C0D6D.png

I heard Daft Punk was playing in the lower lodge. You must have caught one of the guys before the show. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2