12/27..nice snow..nice weather. Another PASR day.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain.  I arrived at the lower lot around 7:20AM and it was 28 degrees under partly sunny sky’s. No guns on this morning but I had heavy frost on my car. In the house were Toast, Root Atomic Jeff, JFDan, Ryan, TP4,  Matt Edge, Nastar Glenn, Indiggio, GahSkier George and many others.  

I was back on the kastle 115s again and much better snow than yesterday.  Main Street was not a western groomer but nice cord nonetheless.  Lazy mile was nice and smooth except for the corner which was cookies.  The falls was 3 seconds of excitement and paradise was herky jerky.  

It turns out that there were 22 runs open plus a bunch of tubing lanes..no real liftlines while I skied but the runs got crowded towards 930..had a few parking lot beers and enjoyed Matt edge new speaker blasting slightly stoopid and house of pains jump around twice.  As Ice cube said today was a good day.  

If Barb is reading this I listened to 8 on 80s station. 

F4D03494-3365-468A-B176-13585A68287D.jpeg

160CD26E-1E8C-47C1-B252-D9CBE22E49AA.jpeg

• Like 5

Conditions were considerably better than yesterday.

Later in the morning, the sides of Lazy and Main Street were superb.

Almost landed on an idiot boarder, kneeling on Come Around just beyond the left side of the jump, trying to get a picture of his kid (maybe) coming over the other side of the jump.  Hope he got me yelling at him on video!

Also, lots of morons sitting just below the lip of Falls just waiting to be run into or landed upon.

Edited by indiggio

2 hours ago, RootDKJ said:

Almost killed someone on Falls. Still fun. 

Back when I was a gaper, I thought ski patrol was going to kill me on Falls. I was making my way down Falls slowly and suddenly 5 or 6 patrollers sped past me. If I was in the wrong place it would have been bad. Fortunately I'm a good skier now and can get down Falls quickly. But I remember to slow down at the top and check for gapers first.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I may be cutting this one short. the weather is great and the snow is decent but it's gaper city tonight. To be expected I guess but extra dangerous with limited terrain. Not even touching paradise for a number of reasons

I dont mind standing in lift lines, but I cant stand skiing around a ton of people on every trail. It's much less fun. Between 8 and 10 pm is ridiculously fun because it feels like I'm the only skier on the mountain.

Edited by saltyant

4 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I may be cutting this one short. the weather is great and the snow is decent but it's gaper city tonight. To be expected I guess but extra dangerous with limited terrain. Not even touching paradise for a number of reasons

The snow is never bad when you’re there. Suck it up and ski..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I dont mind standing in lift lines, but I cant stand skiing around a ton of people on every trail. It's much less fun. Between 8 and 10 pm is ridiculously fun because it feels like I'm the only skier on the mountain.

Have you been night skiing at all this season SaltyAnus?