12/27..nice snow..nice weather. Another PASR day.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

12 hours ago, saltyant said:

Thinking of Sunday morning. If the snow quality is as bad as last weekend I may pass. Cant stand that sugary snow garbage.

Sausage Sundays. Why not ski both days this weekend and Monday and Tuesday..be like the Madonna song and get into the groove.  Root is crushing you in vert

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Sausage Sundays. Why not ski both days this weekend and Monday and Tuesday..be like the Madonna song and get into the groove.  Root is crushing you in vert

Just not as into it as I was last season. I'm good going out once a week. How do you guys ski every day and not get tired of it???

Just not as into it as I was last season. I'm good going out once a week. How do you guys ski every day and not get tired of it???

There are some things in life, SaltLick, that you never "get tired of". Skiing is one of them. That's like someone saying..."hey how do you eat on a regular basis. Don't you get tired of it?" or "Hey how do you laugh on a regular basis? Don't you get tired of it?" The answer to these questions are a resounding no Salty. As it is for skiing.

I hope this answers your question :)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

i figured they would get hammered on facebook if they closed today.  Cameras look like they are closed though...lol

I looked at the camera earlier and didn’t see any people. Looks like they have the quad running. Looks like there’s a break in the action if you wanna get after it.  I’m at work now did a whole hour of work wooo

43 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Rain stopped here. Rest of the day should be good, but I'm sure they aren't making any money.

Let’s hope it’s extra busy tomorrow to make up for the low revenue day today..I honestly think today’s warmth and rain will scare away some crowds the rest of the holiday weekend.  It’s pretty stressful being in the PA ski business.  That’s why Barb should sell to Vail. 

Oh and I repeat why aren’t there ski racks by the new automatic doors at the lower lot.  Hundreds of people a day enter through those doors to go to the bathroom or other places in the lodge.  Where are they supposed to put their skis...I will be taking my skis into the bathroom until they put racks out there and I’ve noticed others have followed suit taking skis in the bathroom. I was looking over my shoulder looking at my skis from the urinal yesterday and if any asshole grabbed them I would go after him or her mid stream..wow just wow.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Oh and I repeat why aren’t there ski racks by the new automatic doors at the lower lot.  Hundreds of people a day enter through those doors to go to the bathroom or other places in the lodge.  Where are they supposed to put their skis...I will be taking my skis into the bathroom until they put racks out there and I’ve noticed others have followed suit taking skis in the bathroom. I was looking over my shoulder looking at my skis from the urinal yesterday and if any asshole grabbed them I would go after him or her mid stream..wow just wow.  

im going out to the shed to build you a ski rack.  should be baller.  

oh, and now they are closing at 4pm.  

Edited by JFskiDan
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, AtomicSkier said:

Because skiing is only partly about the skiing.  It's about the camaraderie, beers, sausage, etc.

That's why I got a season pass to Blue, because if the snow sucks at least I can come down and annoy you guys for a while. If I lived closer I'd probably ski more often, like maybe twice a week.

6 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

There are some things in life, SaltLick, that you never "get tired of". Skiing is one of them. That's like someone saying..."hey how do you eat on a regular basis. Don't you get tired of it?" or "Hey how do you laugh on a regular basis? Don't you get tired of it?" The answer to these questions are a resounding no Salty. As it is for skiing.

Thanks!!! I still like skiing, but when I started I could easily ski 12-13 hours in a row and not be tired of it. Now I'm good after 2-3 hours. I tend to do that with hobbies when first getting into them. Also I get tired of eating and usually eat really fast just to get it over with.

Edited by saltyant