JF 12/30

eaf

The morning has started quite unexpectedly with some snow falling and drifting on I-80.

Conditions were pretty awesome all day long, uniform and soft in the morning slowly progressing to a mix of small bumps and areas scraped to firm base. Thankfully no ice, so still plenty of traction for whatever kind of skiing you like.

Race team has started early, and following a caravan of minivans at 30mph was probably the most annoying part of the day. Luckily, on the slopes the race teams took very-very small profile and were hugging just the left edge of Challenge most of the time.

At noon the lodge has predictably overflowed, but not so bad as I remember it on Presidents day weekend last year. We should've skied beyond 2pm, but the lack of sun and high humidity eventually got to us, so we left before closing.

Bottom line, grabbing those Cyber Monday tickets at night and diverting to JF on busy days still makes a lot of sense even if you have a season pass elsewhere.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, eaf said:

The morning has started quite unexpectedly with some snow falling and drifting on I-80.

Conditions were pretty awesome all day long, uniform and soft in the morning slowly progressing to a mix of small bumps and areas scraped to firm base. Thankfully no ice, so still plenty of traction for whatever kind of skiing you like.

Race team has started early, and following a caravan of minivans at 30mph was probably the most annoying part of the day. Luckily, on the slopes the race teams took very-very small profile and were hugging just the left edge of Challenge most of the time.

At noon the lodge has predictably overflowed, but not so bad as I remember it on Presidents day weekend last year. We should've skied beyond 2pm, but the lack of sun and high humidity eventually got to us, so we left before closing.

Bottom line, grabbing those Cyber Monday tickets at night and diverting to JF on busy days still makes a lot of sense even if you have a season pass elsewhere.

How was Floyd’s???  Eaf you missed sausage Sunday...

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How was Floyd’s???  Eaf you missed sausage Sunday...

Floyd's Fooly is closed according to Jackson Frost official website. I really want to get back to Jackson Frost this skison once there is sufficient powder to ski the Happy Land glades.