New Year’s Day roll call..

GrilledSteezeSandwich

12 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Three in a year 😞

It's tragic and my condolences to his family. Cant help but think it was the riders fault and not Blue's, and most people would likely agree. I'm pretty sure the greatest risk of death involved with skiing is driving there, followed by an out of control skier or boarder crashing into you, which is why i try to only ski when the crowds are minimal or nonexistant.

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

It's tragic and my condolences to his family. Cant help but think it was the riders fault and not Blue's, and most people would likely agree. I'm pretty sure the greatest risk of death involved with skiing is driving there, followed by an out of control skier or boarder crashing into you, which is why i try to only ski when the crowds are minimal or nonexistant.

Of course it was the riders fault. Would have been blues fault if the chair fell from the cable. 

I think the biggest cause of death is blunt force trauma.  Hitting a tree, lift tower, solid object.  In places like the Rockies and the alps I would think that avalanches are the greatest killer. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Not blaming Blue. Of course the drive is the dangerous part. Sorry if I missed where it was discussed before.

IMO, If there is a bar and it is not used or the rider was not wearing a helmet, the rider was not all that concerned with staying alive. 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski