1/1/19...fun mild day

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 721am and in the house were JFDan, Atomic Jeff, Indiggio, TP4, Slim, GahSkier George, Antman, Gary, MBike Mike, Mrs snowbunski, Dude4Bides girlfriend, feel Matt and many more.  

The day began with 50 degree temperatures along with peppered bacon and mimosa.  Was a leisurely start and were on second chair.  Wow just wow Main Street was good once you got past the first skeet spot..smooth and soft corn woo woo..paradise was pretty good as week and the falls was incredible so smooth..Eddie money shit I’d take two tickets to paradise if paradise was the falls earlier. 

Fun session skied till almost 10 then had some beers in the lot..and one of MBike mikes famous beef and cheese sangs..hit the spot. Now back in the A..hoping the temperature drops nice and low tonight so some snowmaking will occur in the early AM.  JADIP

20A113D5-F3E0-48C9-8DFA-2F775E3B218D.jpeg

3AF49DE3-0235-4C19-B7FE-35F43CB367CE.jpeg

• Like 4

A fatal accident involving a 17-year-old boy was reported Tuesday at Blue Mountain Resort, said Carbon County Coroner Robert Miller Jr.

A deputy coroner was dispatched to St. Luke’s Hospital-Palmerton about 1 p.m. because of the accident, according to Miller, who said he was just learning details of it.

Per Morning Call
  • Sad 1

Thats really terrible news to hear. condolences. 

Hard to write a report after that news but... Today was a blast! Took one run and figured Id wait in the corral for the PASR crew which turned out to be Doug, Jeff, JFDan, MBike Mike, snowbunski. Then we lost MBike and bunski, picked up TP4 along the way and me and TP4 ended up taking like 6+? laps together after the rest went to the lot. @theprogram4 nice meeting you brotha.

@mbike-ski thanks again for the balboa sandwich.

4RpnN1.gif

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Horrible! Saw him on the ground shortly after fall, right at the bottom of the first headwall.
Was lying in the support tower footer hole. He was moving when I saw him. No excuse for not using the safety bar.

Cant understand how anyone can fall off unless they're screwing around. Sometimes I end up sitting by tools who think they're too cool for safety and dont want the bar down. In that case I tightly grip the back of the chair. Fortunately that is rare.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Tell them you want the bar down. Then put it down. End of discussion. 

I always just say "bar" and put it down. Actually people put it up early, like 30 seconds too early, and I'm just like whatever I'll grip the chair for a few seconds.

Wonder if Steeze is going to respond to this one. Not sure what this guy is arguing...? That ski resorts should discourage people from skiing...? And Steeze should go to Bear Creek instead because it's the same as Blue.

"It takes about 3 minutes to go from top to bottom on this "mountain." This is not a mountain. I taught skiing in Colorado where real mountains exist. This is the result of too many people who don't know what they are doing on one slope. The ski area encourages masses to come and buy lift tickets. And they profit handsomely. I skiied at Blue Mountain when it was Little Gap. I have skiied there since it became Blue Mountain. The terrain at Blue Mountain is no more challenging than Doe Mountain, now Bear Creek. Nobody should ever die at Blue Mountain. Their problem is that too many people who have no idea how to ski populate their slopes. They encourage this..............now a kid is dead. That's not right."

Edited by saltyant

The person doesn’t even know the details of the story.  People who “ski” at the bar wonder why I bother with blue since they may have been to Colorado or Vermont 3 years ago.  Other folks just don’t know how it’s possible that blue still has snow because it was sixty today.  I try and pay them no mind...bunch of dumbdickmotherfuckers.  Salty where were you today?  I waited like four hours for you. Did you park up top?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The person doesn’t even know the details of the story.  People who “ski” at the bar wonder why I bother with blue since they may have been to Colorado or Vermont 3 years ago.  Other folks just don’t know how it’s possible that blue still has snow because it was sixty today.  I try and pay them no mind...bunch of dumbdickmotherfuckers.  Salty where were you today?  I waited like four hours for you. Did you park up top?

Skipped today, it was too warm out. I'll get there Sunday morning if it doesnt rain.

10 minutes ago, saltyant said:

"It takes about 3 minutes to go from top to bottom on this "mountain." This is not a mountain. I taught skiing in Colorado where real mountains exist. This is the result of too many people who don't know what they are doing on one slope. The ski area encourages masses to come and buy lift tickets. And they profit handsomely. I skiied at Blue Mountain when it was Little Gap. I have skiied there since it became Blue Mountain. The terrain at Blue Mountain is no more challenging than Doe Mountain, now Bear Creek. Nobody should ever die at Blue Mountain. Their problem is that too many people who have no idea how to ski populate their slopes. They encourage this..............now a kid is dead. That's not right."

Where did this come from?  This person is just angry, and uninformed. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Alright salty I think Saturday is gonna be the rain day. Sunday could be one of the last days they’re open if it doesn’t get cold.  Happy New Years salty.

Thanks U2. I'll be sure to wear my face mask. Hoping for some cold weather and perder soon. If they close down it'll be really sad.