1/2/2019

RootDKJ

I had a nice morning with @toast21602 at Blue today.  Place was mostly empty until 11.  Only sugar was on Tuts and Home Stretch.  Main was nice, but there's some weird grooming going on there.  The hard right on Lazy was unusually smooth today.  Left side of Paradise was silky smooth and really firm.  Did Burma twice.  Lots of dirty snow everywhere.

At one point an inspector was checking the operation of the safety bars as sofa's came into the terminal..  

• Like 8

As always, a nice session with Mr. Root this morning. Happy with conditions, but getting tired of the limited terrain. At least it isn't just Blue... all of PA is in the same boat. Glad they are open. Then next week or two will be interesting up there.........

Edited by toast21602

34 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

As always, a nice session with Mr. Root this morning. Happy with conditions, but getting tired of the limited terrain. At least it isn't just Blue... all of PA is in the same boat. Glad they are open. Then next week or two will be interested up there.........

On Tuesday Main, Lazy and Paradise all had some lollipops out.  like you said.....could start to get interesting.  Sad face.  

7 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

WTF I was hoping to come back to some progress and best thing on the radar is 6hrs maybe Thursday night lol The jet stream is just railing warm air into the east....gotta make lemonade.

Are you back from the south?? I think blue will make it until about the 13th

Yeah hard to muster up much enthusiasm for heading to Blue after CO with the amount they have open and what I read about conditions. Would like to take kids there on Saturday, but forecast not looking real favorable for that.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

3 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Yeah hard to muster up much enthusiasm for heading to Blue after CO with the amount they have open and what I read about conditions. Would like to take kids there on Saturday, but forecast not looking real favorable for that.

Sunday is the day this weekend. Gotta get it in while there’s still skiing available.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1

Weird. The snow feels like spring (rough, wet, heavy), but the air doesn't smell like it at all. Hardly pleasant, I only hope that while the night is progressing, the snow will set.

Lazy is the best so far, even though it's full of skidmarks.

The weekend is not going to be worth a 2hr drive. They say that cold weather is coming, so perhaps not all us lost.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, eaf said:

Weird. The snow feels like spring (rough, wet, heavy), but the air doesn't smell like it at all. Hardly pleasant, I only hope that while the night is progressing, the snow will set.

Lazy is the best so far, even though it's full of skidmarks.

The weekend is not going to be worth a 2hr drive. They say that cold weather is coming, so perhaps not all us lost.

I plan to only ski for the first 2 hours after opening until this so called cold arrives. Who is "they"? When are they sending the cold weather? I need to ski down Razor's Edge on my RTMs before March. Today i was playing The Evil That Men Do by Iron Maiden because the lyrics say "living on a razor's edge" and it's my go to song to listen to while descending that run.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Late tonight and early tomorrow AM is blues one decent chance to blow snow this week.  Things like winds, cloud cover and an inversion could hinder that.  Think cold thoughts y’all.  I don’t know if I’m skiing tonight...my friend wants to have me over for supper..might just wait till the weekend.  

• Like 2