TR 1/2/19

rummy

On mountain at 9:45. No crowds and temp of 28*.  Guns blowing on Tuscarora and Whissahican. (They were blowing all night since about 9:00 pm New Years day). The guns were stopped when we left at 2:30pm.

Skied all the open runs, except bunny slope and little foot terrain park. Conditions much better than expected. Mainly granular with no cookies or mashed potatoes.  All trails were groomed.  Upper Tunk had some firm, almost icy spots, skiers left, and the sketchiest, but still not terrible, conditions on entire mountain. Delaware had packed powder surface on upper mountain sections turning more granular toward bottom of trail.

A couple of new things this year. Free Wi-Fi is finally available in the lodge, and credit cards are finally taken at the bar.  

Elk lost a lot of base since before Christmas, but is still in excellent condition all things considered.

And .... The Beer is Cold....  Even though the prices increased. 😢😢

• Like 4

Miller light drafts  $5.00 (?). Blue moon draft $6.50. Bloody Mary $6.50..... I was drinking the Bloodies.... 

6 runs from the top. Schuylkill to Lenape to quad; Tunk, lower Tunk to quad; Tioga to West slope to lodge lifts;  Susquehanna, and Slalom to East slope to lodge lifts;  And Always the last run of the day, ...Delaware to the BAR..... ( "OK let's do DeBar ")...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rummy said:

Miller light drafts  $5.00 (?). Blue moon draft $6.50. Bloody Mary $6.50..... I was drinking the Bloodies.... 

6 runs from the top. Schuylkill to Lenape to quad; Tunk, lower Tunk to quad; Tioga to West slope to lodge lifts;  Susquehanna, and Slalom to East slope to lodge lifts;  And Always the last run of the day, ...Delaware to the BAR..... ( "OK let's do DeBar ")...

Miller Light Drafts 5 Bucks 😳. I would have gone for the Bloodies, too. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Schif said:

What is the going rate for a beverage at Blue? I typically pay Free.99 at the bar at the bottom that I believe is called the Trunk and Tire. 

No idea but I proposed to Atomic Jeff a blue mountain pub crawl where we go from the tubing bar to the lower lodge bar to the two bars in the upper lodge.  I’m guessing $7 for a micro brew. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

7 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

No idea but I proposed to Atomic Jeff a blue mountain pub crawl where we go from the tubing bar to the lower lodge bar to the two bars in the upper lodge.  I’m guessing $7 for a micro brew. 

Yes, I paid 7.00 for an IPA at top bar couple weeks ago. 

Bloodies sound like the same price as when I was there. Beer seems to go up every season. Apparently the owner passed the torch to his daughter/ children-in-law and they have "big plans" to modernize the mountain. I guess Wi-Fi is a start. I'm surprised it's free...