Blue Mountain land ownership

AtomicSkier

Looking at the Carbon County GIS maps, Blue owns a pretty good amount of property under the name "Tuthill Corp", "Blue Mountain Waterpark Limited Partnership" and "Aquashicola Little Gap Inc (C/O R C Tuthill)".  Let me know if I missed anything.  Nice to see how much room they have to the east to expand, but it could only be to the base of the pitch without runout like homestretch given the lack of land ownership unless they snuck the lift back far enough to the west to get back to their land near the snowmaking ponds.

blue.png

• Like 5

For some reason I thought they owned more to the east of that, but I guess not. Still nice to see how much they own. I think they should move tubing to the top where they were going to put the water park near those parking lots and then use the tubing for the expansion around the ponds and off of paradise and new trail coming soon.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Schif said:

I think it's pretty interesting that they own that big parcel on the other side of the street as well as that one parcel way of to the top left of the map. 

Those are some of the "Aquashicola Little Gap Inc" parcels.  I almost missed those until I saw the mailing address was a PO box with "C/O R C Tuthill".

Let's also not forget to notice that the land along the access road up top is subdivided into lots. My best guess would be that those are meant to sell at some point. If the long term plan was for Blue to build a condo complex or even townhomes there they would not subdivide the land like that. They are clearly thinking that each lot would be built on and deeded separately. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, zzslope said:

When you are coming down the road from the summit towards Little Gap there is what looks like an old fairgrounds down in the valley, with bleachers.

That is further to the left in that map, I know there is an old pump house in the parcel you are mistaking for the fairgrounds. I am unsure if it is still in use. 

13 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

They don't have any money lol

Saw signs up in the lodges advertising them, and I think even an information booth in the summit lodge.  

I don't know which is taking longer - The trail that is coming soon, or the condos....

Maybe no condos cause it occurred to most of the potential buyers that if you are going to go on an overnight ski trip it pays to drive or fly somewhere awesome (or at least better than PA) to ski.

Total ski season nights spent in Poconos out of about 40 years in which I have skied in Poconos = 4

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

1 hour ago, tnt said:

Saw signs up in the lodges advertising them, and I think even an information booth in the summit lodge.  

I don't know which is taking longer - The trail that is coming soon, or the condos....

That info booth has been there for three years.  Anyway they said pricing would be available December of 2015. 

2 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Maybe no condos cause it occurred to most of the potential buyers that if you are going to go on an overnight ski trip it pays to drive of fly somewhere awesome (or at least better than PA) to ski.

Total ski season nights spent in Poconos out of about 40 years in which I have skied in Poconos = 4

What about all the people with second homes at camelback and Jack Frost/BB...anyway a hotel is needed.  Who would want to have a wedding somewhere without accommodations.  Crazy. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 3

What about all the people with second homes at camelback and Jack Frost/BB...anyway a hotel is needed.  Who would want to have a wedding somewhere without accommodations.  Crazy. 

This ...A hotel at Blue would be massively popular all year round (if they're smart). If Bear Creek can do it, Blue definitely can.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It mystifies me, but at least those areas are a lot richer in non ski activities. Pretty sure that Lake Harmony is a soft RE market now as I know someone having a hard time selling a place there. And they are workng pretty hard to move time shares at CB based on the offers they have been emailing me if I were willing to take a tour.

Personally if I were to buy a vaca unit it would be either Catskills - where RE is also very cheap - or S.Vt. 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski