Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
toast21602

1/8/19 - recovery mode

Recommended Posts

Very nice toast. 

Uuugghhh. I've been following the weather for the past 24 hours and cant decide if I want to go up tonight or not. Every time I look the threat of rain changes % or changes hours. Whos heading up tonight?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is production on Razors?  The only reason i ask that is its more than apparent the race team is currently the most important thing at Blue right now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

How is production on Razors?  The only reason i ask that is its more than apparent the race team is currently the most important thing at Blue right now.  

Razors opening would make weekend mornings infinitely more fun. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Schif said:

Razors opening would make weekend mornings infinitely more fun. 

If you can make opening bell..you can sometimes get one if not two quick runs on razors before it’s closed to the race team...now a few times it’s been uber solid snow from the Urea they blow on it...back when they opened at 730am you could get 4 runs on razors before the race team got it.  Once race season ends in March the public gets razors weekday mornings.  Yes it’s arguably the best run south of Floyd’s folly but it was built specifically as  the top race venue in mid Atlantic.  

 

You know now what I want to ski...nightmare to Dream Weaver and switchback..even sidewinder although I wish they brought back the school bus.  That was rad. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, antman12 said:

Very nice toast. 

Uuugghhh. I've been following the weather for the past 24 hours and cant decide if I want to go up tonight or not. Every time I look the threat of rain changes % or changes hours. Whos heading up tonight?

Possibly tonight. For sure Thursday night and I see that rain threat in the hourly as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasnt aware that Razor's is generally off limits every weekend morning. That's disappointing. Is Challenge at least open to the public? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Possibly tonight. For sure Thursday night and I see that rain threat in the hourly as well. 

Will it be any good Thursday night or just more mershed perterters? My guess is much better since they've been blowing a lot but I'll defer to your expert opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Will it be any good Thursday night or just more mershed perterters? My guess is much better since they've been blowing a lot but I'll defer to your expert opinion.

Did you see the forecast for Thursday night???  Too cold for mershed perterters..can get em from KFC instead and heat em up in the mercurewerve

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I wasnt aware that Razor's is generally off limits every weekend morning. That's disappointing. Is Challenge at least open to the public? 

Only until 10:30 or 11ish.  When ever the race team is done rutting it up.

 

Spring weekdays on Razor's are the best.  

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

If you can make opening bell..you can sometimes get one if not two quick runs on razors before it’s closed to the race team...now a few times it’s been uber solid snow from the Urea they blow on it...back when they opened at 730am you could get 4 runs on razors before the race team got it.  Once race season ends in March the public gets razors weekday mornings.  Yes it’s arguably the best run south of Floyd’s folly but it was built specifically as  the top race venue in mid Atlantic.  

 

You know now what I want to ski...nightmare to Dream Weaver and switchback..even sidewinder although I wish they brought back the school bus.  That was rad. 

I'm pretty sure Schif meant to say "getting Razors open so the fucking race team wasnt set up all over the other 4 trails that are open to the public would make weekend mornings infinitely more fun."  I think he was trying to be polite.  

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

How is production on Razors?  The only reason i ask that is its more than apparent the race team is currently the most important thing at Blue right now.  

You should join the race team so you can ski razors weekend mornings. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You should join the race team so you can ski razors weekend mornings. 

You should join a gym. 

 

Name 2 things that wont happen.  

  • Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

 

69AFB22E-3FF4-4A25-AE62-D1FA5DBCC61F.jpeg

Hope it was worth it! Can’t wait to ban you when I get home 😂😂😂

Edited by toast21602
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some reason Steeze only gets a 1 day ban for posting but I get a lifetime ban. I'll try to get to Blue Thursday night.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, saltyant said:

For some reason Steeze only gets a 1 day ban for posting but I get a lifetime ban. I'll try to get to Blue Thursday night.

It is one day.  One day for every time he has posted that. 

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, saltyant said:

For some reason Steeze only gets a 1 day ban for posting but I get a lifetime ban. I'll try to get to Blue Thursday night.

I just took a vacation day for thursday, will be there for opening bell, I will post a T.R. for you.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Thanks!!!

I'll miss your posts for 24 hours. Maybe we can start a movement... #FreeTheSteeze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I'm pretty sure Schif meant to say "getting Razors open so the fucking race team wasnt set up all over the other 4 trails that are open to the public would make weekend mornings infinitely more fun."  I think he was trying to be polite.  

That's exactly what I fucking meant. Those damn kids are a plague on that mountain the way it is now. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×