1/9/19 - best snow since before Xmas

eaf

It's freaking cold and windy, but it's worth it.

Lazy is the best - white, smooth and fast, like a race course. Hard base with a little bit of fine sugar on top. Not quite icy yet, but makes you start worrying about sharpening those edges. BMR is using it to get down to the Falls that they've taken all to themselves.

Paradise is in worse shape with several dirt spots and even rocks showing. Worst part is that it's all visible in daylight only, so my poor skis...

Bunch of ski clubs showed up, sometimes it gets crowded and you have to wait to get on the lift.

Some snowmaking, but nothing in your face yet.

The wind is really the worst part of the night. Once you get to the lower Lazy it hits you in the face and you feel like a parachute opens out of the blue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, eaf said:

It's freaking cold and windy, but it's worth it.

Lazy is the best - white, smooth and fast, like a race course. Hard base with a little bit of fine sugar on top. Not quite icy yet, but makes you start worrying about sharpening those edges. BMR is using it to get down to the Falls that they've taken all to themselves.

Paradise is in worse shape with several dirt spots and even rocks showing. Worst part is that it's all visible in daylight only, so my poor skis...

Bunch of ski clubs showed up, sometimes it gets crowded and you have to wait to get on the lift.

Some snowmaking, but nothing in your face yet.

The wind is really the worst part of the night. Once you get to the lower Lazy it hits you in the face and you feel like a parachute opens out of the blue.

I bet the wind on Lazy reminds you of Russia

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

At this point I'd be about as psyched for a "23rd" (aka legitimate 6th) trail to open for the season as I would be for Coming Soon to debut.

I doubt we’ll have coming soon for at least two more years. Razors for the race team next weekend.  Maybe lower park by then. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I doubt we’ll have coming soon for at least two more years. Razors for the race team next weekend.  Maybe lower park by then. 

Even if coming soon was completely finished it would be a miracle if it got open before March at this point. 

35 minutes ago, Schif said:

Even if coming soon was completely finished it would be a miracle if it got open before March at this point. 

Ahhh depends how the weather is in the future.  Blue could be nearly 100% open by the end of the month.  I also think they would want to get a new run open early in the season. It wouldn’t be the last run to open. That would likely be sidewinder or Switchbaxk. 

1 minute ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I was in no way suggesting Coming Soon would open soon, or even this season.

My point was expressing greater frustration at only 5 TTB runs open (billed as 22 trails) 8 weeks into the Skison. 

We’re not even 7 weeks into the skison yet...strike 2..I’m fucking happy we’ve had skiing if Blue was 30 miles south they would just be reopening like bear creek will in a few days. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I was in no way suggesting Coming Soon would open soon, or even this season.

My point was expressing greater frustration at only 5 TTB runs open (billed as 22 trails) 8 weeks into the skison. 

How many does Bear Creek have open? Get over it. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Ahhh depends how the weather is in the future.  Blue could be nearly 100% open by the end of the month.  I also think they would want to get a new run open early in the season. It wouldn’t be the last run to open. That would likely be sidewinder or Switchbaxk. 

Switchback is a great trail, wish it was higher on the snowmaking list, it looked snowless and sad today.

Edited by zzslope
add on
  • Like 2