1/12/19....busiest day of the year

AtomicSkier

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun morning at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 720am and in the house were Johnny Law, Mute, Ryan, Indiggio, PARidge, Schifdawg, Nastar Glenn, Nastar Glenn’s daughter, Slim, Marty, Enjorales, Enjorales Dad, Bethlehem Ford Guy, Fritz, Race team, Asian invasion and many more.  

Temperatures were in the upper teens and snow guns were blasting all over including on Widowmaker which used to be Raceway..guns in razors and challenge top to bottom, lower park, lower paradise, tubing and other spots.  Due to a lot of lift capacity and limited terrain the runs got crowded fast. Main Street and paradise both had the nicest snow.  Solid packed pow, a few slick spot but not bad..lazy mile was rough with some serious cookies..the falls was closed for the race team. 

I skied until almost ten then was in the lot for another two hours drinking beer..temperatures were up into the upper 20s with some sunshine and super dank beer was consumed. Then around noon me and Johnny law and schifdawg went to the BMDI..never a bad meal there.  All in all today was busy on the runs but fun skiing and another PASR day. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:

ok not that i'm counting but that's the 2nd report i wasn't mentioned in as many weeks...

i guess it really doesn't count as a ski day if i don't have bees lol

So sorry I wrote report real fast at a red light. You were there 110% don’t worry you aren’t a ghost. Ski you tomorrow. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Maybe for the race team. Did you and your brah have fun?? 

Yeah today was pretty rad. It was my friend's first time at Blue Mountain the True Mountain and I think he might be sold on a season pass for next year. He had the Jackson Frost pass last season and realized today how much more skiing you get to do at Blue. We skied everything that was open from 8 to 1. Got too busy for my liking but the first 3 hours were very good. I'll be back tomorrow morning, Jadip.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Yeah today was pretty rad. It was my friend's first time at Blue Mountain the True Mountain and I think he might be sold on a season pass for next year. He had the Jackson Frost pass last season and realized today how much more skiing you get to do at Blue. We skied everything that was open from 8 to 1. Got too busy for my liking but the first 3 hours were very good. I'll be back tomorrow morning, Jadip.

Judging by the black friday and triple ticket prices, the passes are going up this year. So don't hold your breath.

Your comment kinda makes me reconsider my tomorrow plans. If 8 to 11 was indeed "very good", perhaps I should reroute to Blue?

7 minutes ago, eaf said:

Judging by the black friday and triple ticket prices, the passes are going up this year. So don't hold your breath.

Your comment kinda makes me reconsider my tomorrow plans. If 8 to 11 was indeed "very good", perhaps I should reroute to Blue?

What are your plans for tomorrow??

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, eaf said:

I think so. Main Street and Chute were excellent in the morning. Got more choppy in the early afternoon. Some trails like Lazy Mile had death cookies so hopefully that'll groom out overnight.

Lazy sucked but everything else was great. Spent the whole day in skis and was really getting into it. Its super fun to have mini breakthroughs on two planks. 

Beer and camaraderie was on point as well. Looking forward to doing it again. 

• Like 7

They finally got the Main Street double running after noon, which was a mystery as to why it wasn't running earlier, with long lines on both the Burma and Main street sides.
Rumor was that it was broken.  Other rumors were that it wasn't.  Magically they got it running after lunch.  Who knows???