PPL Surcharge

AtomicSkier

Pretty confused how they can charge a surcharge on tickets that sold on Cyber Monday.  I looked at the voucher and there is no mention of changing the price.  I will not pay a surcharge.  I wonder if they have been reported to the better business bureau.
I really enjoy JF for my kids and we go to Mount Snow almost every year.  I will not be going again if this is the way they will be doing business.

This reaction doesn't surprise me. I'm sure you're echoing lots of other people as well. I'm not sure how / why they would think this was the right approach.

So, JFBB did confirm that vouchers bought before Jan 1, will not have a surcharge.  New ticket sales will have the $3 surcharge.  They stopped communicating with me when i asked why other mountains serviced by PPL were not issuing a surcharge.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, JFskiDan said:

So, JFBB did confirm that vouchers bought before Jan 1, will not have a surcharge.  New ticket sales will have the $3 surcharge.  They stopped communicating with me when i asked why other mountains serviced by PPL were not issuing a surcharge.  

You should change your screename by to Smartass JF is not worthy. 

• Love 1

15 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

You should email the PPL guy and get their side.

• Like 6

My guess is they went the surcharge route so that they don’t have to “raise” lift ticket prices or change all their flyers/pricing boards. That way they can drop it easily if their complaints somehow get addressed. Still crappy and nobody else’s problem then their own, but that’s probably the reasoning I would take.

• 3 years later...
On 1/14/2019 at 8:18 PM, AtomicSkier said:

Saw this on instagram earlier...apparently JFBB has been handing out these cards with ticket purchases?  It explains why someone on here had to pay $3 (or whatever it was) on top of the their voucher.  I don't think it's right for JFBB to be airing their dirty laundry and making it their customer's problem.

Looks like JFBB forgot to pay their power bill again. WJWScreenshot_20221213-193402-196.thumb.png.188237e94347eb7de79020052e9f2a68.png