1/16/19 - a whole new world

toast21602

All the open trails were in good shape today, Main St. and lazy were excellent. Got one run on challenge before it closed. Upper and lower sidewinder were the only trails that are still grass. The snow produced by the gun at the intersection of Paradise and Dream weaver is extra sticky. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

No it was me who asked multiple times for racks on blues Facebook and the last time they finally said they’d look it it.  I forgot to mention the racks yesterday. Or should I say racks on racks. 

If that’s true good job, appreciate it. 

This is sad... Here am I, skiing the same three trails again...

Razor is blown, but not groomed. Challenge is used by BMR only. Nightmare seems to have snow but closed. Dreamweaver has grass showing through snow. Sidewinder is still for hiking only. No snowmaking in progress anywhere...

But whatever has snow is quite good. Chalky surface with a few scraped spots showing, esp on Main. Slower than a week ago, but is far more pleasant.

Once they ran groomers on the right side of Paradise. That was nice. Lasted for half a run though. Literally. Everybody seems to be so fond of fresh cord. ;)

So nice(er) overall. If only they opened something new already!!!

• Like 1

Tonight was a blast. Fantastic snow conditions, very nice man made snow. The better part of the mountain got puked on by guns.lol

Comearound park is good. The Bonk- downbar- jump line was :chea: all night long. Lower Park looks tattie sparkles(!) as some on here might say, however its not open yet. Completely done but still has tracks and needs to be groomed smooth...maybe open tomorrow? Then down to the BMX line under the lift was in play and a lot of fun too.

Blue CRUSHED IT since winter weather roller back however many days ago.

10 hours ago, eaf said:

Ah, I was unfair...

Burma that consistently had the worst snow on the mountain thus far is actually quite decent and enjoyable tonight. And Widowmaker is welcoming new souls.

Conditions on Burma have been pretty good so far this year. I think I have skied it more times this year than I did in the last three years.

• Like 1