1/16/19 - a whole new world

toast21602

1 hour ago, zzslope said:

Conditions on Burma have been pretty good so far this year. I think I have skied it more times this year than I did in the last three years.

I wasn't so lucky then. For me this year it always had the most amount of dirty sugar often even with ground showing. It's a windy narrow trail for newbies with the most aggressive speed monitoring on the mountain, and it shows. People are continuously scraping it and piling up mounts of snow. But then again, I'm typically there at night, mornings could be a whole different animal. And yesterday it was surprisingly on par with the other trails.

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, eaf said:

I wasn't so lucky then. For me this year it always had the most amount of dirty sugar often even with ground showing. It's a windy narrow trail for newbies with the most aggressive speed monitoring on the mountain, and it shows. People are continuously scraping it and piling up mounts of snow. But then again, I'm typically there at night, mornings could be a whole different animal. And yesterday it was surprisingly on par with the other trails.

Agree 100%. Everytime I skied Burma it was dadgum awful.

24 minutes ago, eaf said:

I think the main difference is that ZZSlope is mainly at blue at opening so he’s getting the legendary Burma road during good conditions..Eaf..get excited..likely snow is coming late tonight and Saturday night. Maybe Salty will let you try out his RTM powder skis  

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I think the main difference is that ZZSlope is mainly at blue at opening so he’s getting the legendary Burma road during good conditions..Eaf..get excited..likely snow is coming late tonight and Saturday night. Maybe Salty will let you try out his RTM powder skis 

I wont be skiing the powder. I'll be sitting on the beach drinking Root Beers.

12 minutes ago, eaf said:

The forecast is getting weaker and weaker. "Snow and ice accumulating 5 to 8 inches". Sounds like snow with a crunchy crust on top. Salty's RTMs would rock in conditions like this.

What location is that forecast for and which weather source.  I haven’t been seeing many forecasts with snow totals yet. I don’t think anybody here would poo poo 5-8”

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What location is that forecast for and which weather source.  I haven’t been seeing many forecasts with snow totals yet. I don’t think anybody here would poo poo 5-8”

I'm just punching "Blue Mountain Ski Area, PA" in weather.com

3 hours ago, eaf said:

Gss is right, I ski Burma in the morning. For me  skiing it late is 10 am.