1/22/19 - Blue My Mind

toast21602

Gorgeous morning here at Blue, but super cold 6° with light winds. The sun is popping up, which helps, but it is still cold. They did blow some snow on Sidewinder but will need much more work, especially after two days of rain. I’m in the lodge now warming up before heading back out. Everything is pretty decent today but there are two standouts. Lazy and Razors. 

Lazy is the worst conditions I have ever seen it. It’s like they tilled it but forgot to put the mats down to actually smooth it out. Huge cookies all over is. Some like golf balls and some the size of my helmet. A fucking disaster. 

Razors is a goddamn slice of heaven. They blew an inch or so if pixie dust after grooming and it skied like a dream. It’s that perfect 5° blown snow that is grippy but soft at the same time. When I go back out I’ll spend the rest of my morning there. 

Took a few pictures but it’s cold and I didn’t want to keep doing that. Really wanted to get one on Lazy but I feared for my life and there is no way I’m going back there. 

Ski ya later. 

99402829-CC04-4CD1-98BF-D68525AE98AA.jpeg

AA8A4E5A-569A-4E3C-A1C7-F8BAD6A128EE.jpeg

8CE7187B-4A44-4A22-AC9B-53E5E0CF82A9.jpeg

DD8E90B0-936C-45A1-B695-7F3E1C4D42F1.jpeg

• Like 9

54 minutes ago, indiggio said:

It's 19 degrees out, Sidewinder is closed and they're not blowing on it??

I was giving them a pass yesterday on that with the wind.  Kinda surprised this morning to see no snowmaking.  well, just a little surprised.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JFskiDan said:

I was giving them a pass yesterday on that with the wind.  Kinda surprised this morning to see no snowmaking.  well, just a little surprised.  

Yeah me too, but considering the winds were straight outta the north, they could have been blowing with the lower guns, but still...

It was super windy but maybe a cash flow type move. You blew alot of dollars on the hill this week and saturday was good but empty Sunday, Monday. Cold air will be around later so spread that cost around more days to even out the flow. Plus peeps are happy because like 5 actual trails opened up so nobody is seriously complaining.

• Like 2

Evening edition..mind still blown...

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun night session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at around 615pm and in the house were Atomic Jeff, Johnny Law and NMSki.  Temperatures were in the low 20s and crowds and wind were light to moderate.  Some people mainly aggro beginners who were determined to show everybody that they were the best skiers on the mountain. 

Challenge had decent snow..was smooth..Main Street was similar and very forgiving, Paradise was tits mcgee, nightmare to dreamweaver was rough with a crevasse in the one corner and switchback was bulletproof I did my best power skids on there Robert2 would have loved it..ice is nice speed is good..dress like an astronaut.  

In total skied Main Street 4 times, Paradise 3 tines, challenge 3 tines, NMDW once and Swizzle Bizzle once.  Then spend an hour+ in the P-lot enjoying some beer..was one of the better night sessions of the season and Blue is in full mid winter mode.  The cannons are once again fired up on Sidewinder after some frozen pipe issues..I should be back Thursday night..anybody else??!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Maybe interested in a Thursday night session after the rain. 

Let’s hope they’re open Thursday night.  I try to do a little foreshadowing and I can see them closing early tomorrow due to the rain even though the rain will likely end before evening.  Temperatures will come crashing down...let’s hope Thursday Friday and Friday nights they refresh fresh a freaky fresh the snow.  I guess it’s too early for a weekend roll call. 

13 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Let’s hope they’re open Thursday night.  I try to do a little foreshadowing and I can see them closing early tomorrow due to the rain even though the rain will likely end before evening.  Temperatures will come crashing down...let’s hope Thursday Friday and Friday nights they refresh fresh a freaky fresh the snow.  I guess it’s too early for a weekend roll call. 

What's the official rule for role call threads? Is 48 hours before first chair on Saturday morning the standard?

Edited by saltyant

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Hopefully they are open. If not, oh well. I'll go up Friday morning if I need to.