Crested Butte 1.22.19

Barb

4f18de475acf808353535a0d54dad576.jpg

Got in line at 8:54. Busy day on a Thursday. We got 2nd chair off Silver Queen lift. Visibility was near zero at the top and not much better by the time we got to Paradise Bowl. Did 2 runs off Paradise and you really couldn’t see shit until you were 2/3 way down.

We then headed over to Easy River lift thinking since it’s lower we would have better visibility. It wasn’t much better there but good enough. Black Eagle off that lift was ROTD.

Snowed overnight and there was untouched 3” on top of groomed....perfection. Not the push piles and chop of Monday (although that was still fun).

Ended up w 7 runs total as we had to get back. Packing up now to head off to Ouray soon.

Ps. It was freezing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

On 1/22/2019 at 10:34 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Sally is in Vermont.  Barb I feel like you are more into skiing than past seasons. WTGAI

Wait, is calling Salty "Sally" an insult? Because I feel like it's a least a lateral move if not a slight upgrade for Salty. I mean, one of us has big-girl skis and occasionally eats vegetables...

😁

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

Wait, is calling Salty "Sally" an insult? Because I feel like it's a least a lateral move if not a slight upgrade for Salty. I mean, one of us has big-girl skis and occasionally eats vegetables...

😁

My moms name is Sally and she’s more of a badass than I’ll ever be.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

😁

You’re missed around the lot at Blue. Hope all is well up north!

• Like 3

On 1/31/2019 at 6:45 PM, toast21602 said:

You’re missed around the lot at Blue. Hope all is well up north!

I miss the parking lot. Hope you all are well and gettin' after it!

VT is great; fell into a great community here in Brownsville. Amazing people, outstanding beer everywhere, unbelievable mountain biking and skiing when I can steal time from work. Headed to Magic for two days tomorrow!

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

VT is great; fell into a great community here in Brownsville. Amazing people, outstanding beer everywhere, unbelievable mountain biking and skiing when I can steal time from work. Headed to Magic for two days tomorrow!

Sounds fun. Have you met any hippies??

1 hour ago, SallyCat said:

If you make it up to my neck of the woods, give a shout/PM. Sounds like you've been "sucked" in to VT life. And you HAVE a job.

• Like 3

On 2/3/2019 at 12:34 PM, Shadows said:

Yes.ill drive myself if need be. 

You're welcome to a futon in Brownsville. 40 min from K-ton and Magic, 30 min from Okemo. On-mountain night-hiking/snowshoeing, skinning. 

Brownsville Butcher and Pantry has amazing food and beer, including River Roost. 

• Like 5