Death at Hunter

indiggio

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

All on the new trail pod..on alpinezone somebody mentioned the new trails at Hunter being steep and icy and having big drop offs on the sides into the woods.  I’ll have to check YouTube to see if I can find any videos of these new runs.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

All on the new trail pod..on alpinezone somebody mentioned the new trails at Hunter being steep and icy and having big drop offs on the sides into the woods.  I’ll have to check YouTube to see if I can find any videos of these new runs.  

I'll record a video of them tomorrow for y'all. The sleepy hollow trail has been closed for over a week so not sure what's up there. Two others are on hold right now per snow report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Went to Hunter today. Will post in depth report. Them new trails ain't blues. If someone comes off of belt parkway onto these trails expecting them to be similar, they are in for a bad time. There was a ton of ski patrol at Hunter north hanging around the entrances to the trails .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I love the new terrain..  It's 2 minutes from my house so it's a game changer.   Can slip out for lunch and make turns which is awesome.
I rode it a ton last winter.  Hardly anybody there when the front face has a crowd..

Is it a little about intermediate?  Maybe..
But I like it...   

Sucks people died.  I know the patroller that was attending on all of them.  Sucks for him too..

Some video I took for the AZone people...
Overlook - https://youtu.be/dnRDwaNjQfE
Twilight - https://youtu.be/l5tu6mJFOmc

• Like 2

thanks...
I always pop in pre and post season here...
My roots are kind of PA - and my buddy from Hunter runs Camelback now - so I'll hit it next season..

Hunter North still has a shitton of snow... it's crazy.

Since my friends started running Camelback I've been interested in the Poconos again.
Also my nephew and niece ride Blue a lot..    

And I'm still schilling for Hunter.   My house has increased in value since the new terrain was built and people are actually driving through the village.
Thinking of some business opportunities so I can quit the corporate world and start my next phase in life. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DMC said:

Since my friends started running Camelback I've been interested in the Poconos again.

And I'm still schilling for Hunter.   My house has increased in value since the new terrain was built and people are actually driving through the village.
Thinking of some business opportunities so I can quit the corporate world and start my next phase in life. 

I remember your report where you skied in Kashmir and also in Dubai..that was badass

Didn’t you have an A-Frame somewhere around there?

Split up with my Ex... She got the AFrame - I got the Farmhouse on the creek that we were selling..   It's close to the new Northside parking area...
I'd rather not be on Colonels Chair - the houses are too close.   Why live in the hills if you got a neighbor staring at you.. haha

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DMC said:

Split up with my Ex... She got the AFrame - I got the Farmhouse on the creek that we were selling..   It's close to the new Northside parking area...
I'd rather not be on Colonels Chair - the houses are too close.   Why live in the hills if you got a neighbor staring at you.. haha

Sorry to hear that. I'd take the farmhouse as well haha. 

11 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Sorry to hear that. I'd take the farmhouse as well haha. 

It's OK...  Farmhouse is cool...  Lot's of space - recording studio setup.. 
Fuck the posers on the hill..   hahah..  All I really do is ride now - I don't socialize like I used to.

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’d probably take the Yurt, Golden Retrievers and the Blue blocker sunglasses. 

My goal is to pay off my house and buy a piece of property on the top of a mountain either in the Catskills or the DAKs..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Why not out west??  I just wanna live in a hotel room for the rest of my life.  

I need NYC to make $$$...   We are thinking about retiring to Costa Rica actually...  :)