Weekend roll call thread 1/25-1/27

GrilledSteezeSandwich

2 minutes ago, Shadows said:

The past two years were rained out right? Been wanting to tele for bit

I went out with Jake a couple years back.  He made me look like an idiot on those broken binder skis.

It was a lot of fun though.

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Their social media and website is not their strong suit.  Yesterday Blue didn’t announce they were closing until like 840am. 

i didnt mention this yesterday cause it put me in a bad mood, but today im laughing about it.  my dumbass arrived at blue at 8:25 am yesterday to see the lifts not spinning.  i checked their facebook and no updates, logged on here and saw they were closed.  i checked their facebook like 5 times on the drive up and saw nothing, but its my fault for not checking the website, i should know better.  only the second time ive ever showed up at the mountain and it was closed, last time was at camelback and i just drove to montage for $10 tuesdays.  to make matters worse, i decided to try the palmerton route home.  i made a wrong turn and ended up in like schencksville and walnutport and orefield lol.  once i got home it was like 10 am, so while i wasted gas and tolls, i would have slept in til that time anyway so no huge deal.  riding bear later that night made up for it

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

i didnt mention this yesterday cause it put me in a bad mood, but today im laughing about it.  my dumbass arrived at blue at 8:25 am yesterday to see the lifts not spinning.  i checked their facebook and no updates, logged on here and saw they were closed.  i checked their facebook like 5 times on the drive up and saw nothing, but its my fault for not checking the website, i should know better.  only the second time ive ever showed up at the mountain and it was closed, last time was at camelback and i just drove to montage for $10 tuesdays.  to make matters worse, i decided to try the palmerton route home.  i made a wrong turn and ended up in like schencksville and walnutport and orefield lol.  once i got home it was like 10 am, so while i wasted gas and tolls, i would have slept in til that time anyway so no huge deal.  riding bear later that night made up for it

Wow just wow.  I was actually thinking I should have made sure Matt Edge didn’t go to blue yesterday because he is still on MySpace.  TP4 you are one of the more hardcore PASRs.  Almost as core as salty. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow just wow.  I was actually thinking I should have made sure Matt Edge didn’t go to blue yesterday because he is still on MySpace.  TP4 you are one of the more hardcore PASRs.  Almost as core as salty. 

That is why they wanted to put a statue of him on top of Blue.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

one thing ive learned over the years when the weather is going to be questionable at blue...get there ASAP before they decide to close early.  for instance, i feel like there have been countless times over the years where it pours all morning til early afternoon, then the sun comes out and its beautiful, but blue decides to close early at 4.  i was worried this would happen yesterday, which is why i didnt plan for a blue night session.  as we all saw, this plan backfired on me tremendously

12 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

one thing ive learned over the years when the weather is going to be questionable at blue...get there ASAP before they decide to close early.  for instance, i feel like there have been countless times over the years where it pours all morning til early afternoon, then the sun comes out and its beautiful, but blue decides to close early at 4.  i was worried this would happen yesterday, which is why i didnt plan for a blue night session.  as we all saw, this plan backfired on me tremendously

When I was in high school I drove all the way to Hunter with my dad and when we arrived strong winds had shutdown all the lifts except on the bunny slope. Ended up driving home and then I took my car to Blue was there around noon and skied till near closing did over 50,000 vert..you going to bear creek later was like that...fuck Johnny law drives from work in Conshy to Blue for an hour of skiing a quick beer and then back to Reading but I bet he doesn’t wanna drive ten minutes for a pizza pie.  

• Like 1