Blue is Updating Their Site

skifreak

I don't think the site looks great but it doesn't LOOK bad either. They got rid of the old color scheme and things look a little cleaner. The menu sucks (even disregarding the trail map issue). It just a lousy interface. My biggest qualm is they didn't seem to add any content. Oh well, they tried right? 

33173[/snapback]

I second your thought!!! the menu sucks - however the site is an improvement comparitively to what they had. AS mountains go - who has the best website?

For kicks - I'll start a poll....

• 1 month later...

MADE? do you mean sunday river? from what i have been told, josh, sunday river's park manager, is making us a bunch of new stuff, as well as overseeing the design and construction of sidewinder this year. last i was up, i saw two new rails, a single barrel downkink and a single barrel a frame, although they could have had these last year and just never put them out.

to clear things up, as of now:

josh, from sunday river, walked sidewinder with the groomers, freeride directors and mountain managers to see possibilities for the park this year

sidewinder is wider than it used to be, they cut out the corners, some spots are steeper

the pipe is slightly wider than before

i saw two new rails, a downkink and a frame, both single barrel

the steep downkink from last year has been mellowed out so its not as steep anymore

other stuff i have heard, but dont know to be fact cause i havent seen for myself:

new pipe groomer

more rails

thats as up to date info as i have right now

i heard that from jason rice. and today i talk to kevin muldowney i found out they got a staircase,rainbow box,battleship box and s double barrel rail. ill tell muldowney to sign up and give some more info if i talk to him tonight

edit:

i think blue will be a contender for having one of the best parks in pa this year

Edited by forumdestroyer154

that would be pretty interesting if Blue got a staircase. I'd be interested to know where you got that info, considering Blue has yet to change ownership or management, and given past events of the last how many years, even though Blue is BEGINNING to take some steps in the right direction in tems of their freeride scene, that they would be installing hazardous features like a staircase. The only places I've seen features like staircases at other mountains is in pass only parks, because if you fall to the inside you're basically F#$%ed. I've been to Blue the past two or three weekends in a row, and have seen no signs, nor heard any buzz of such steezestastic features. Ive walked around basically every place that such features would normally be stored. Blue wouldn't take a liability chance on stuff like staircase features, but if they do this year then I'll be stoked like you wouldn't believe.

Edited by freeridintre

I thin PASKIANDRIDE will eventually get an article in a ski magazine ( maybe an east section) and comp tickets one day for helping promote Nascar, freeride program, and each ski area. :nana

Thanks for your support Doug - spread the word!!

to clear things up, as of now:

josh, from sunday river, walked sidewinder with the groomers, freeride directors and mountain managers to see possibilities for the park this year

sidewinder is wider than it used to be, they cut out the corners, some spots are steeper

the pipe is slightly wider than before

i saw two new rails, a downkink and a frame, both single barrel

the steep downkink from last year has been mellowed out so its not as steep anymore

other stuff i have heard, but dont know to be fact cause i havent seen for myself:

new pipe groomer

more rails

thats as up to date info as i have right now

Thats good stuff, justo, is there any way you can get the word out to one of them and whether or not they would be interested in promoting Blue here on PASR?

that would be pretty interesting if Blue got a staircase. I'd be interested to know where you got that info, considering Blue has yet to change ownership or management, and given past events of the last how many years, even though Blue is BEGINNING to take some steps in the right direction in tems of their freeride scene, that they would be installing hazardous features like a staircase. The only places I've seen features like staircases at other mountains is in pass only parks, because if you fall to the inside you're basically F#$%ed. I've been to Blue the past two or three weekends in a row, and have seen no signs, nor heard any buzz of such steezestastic features. Ive walked around basically every place that such features would normally be stored. Blue wouldn't take a liability chance on stuff like staircase features, but if they do this year then I'll be stoked like you wouldn't believe.

i heard it from a friend thats on park crue(thats how they spell it) that they got a staircase. if i can ill have him stop in and join and maybe he can give more info

roundtop does have one. i seriously doubt blue does, because, like trevor said, they dont want liability issues. none of their rails had gaps onto them last year for exactly that reason. a staircase setup requires either a gap on or an ollie pad at the top step on, either of which is much more "hazardous" than being ride on. unless blue changed their sketchy insurance policy, i wouldnt be so sure about a staircase. and doug, as far as me getting blue to link to pasr on their site, management hates me up there. i've gotten into so many arguments with them about the assonine things they have done, its not even funby. they actually almost pulled my pass for good last year, but thats a story for another time.

roundtop does have one.

They do have one, but it has either been hidden or it only comes out for competitions - Joe G?

as far as me getting blue to link to pasr on their site, management hates me up there. i've gotten into so many arguments with them about the assonine things they have done, its not even funby. they actually almost pulled my pass for good last year, but thats a story for another time.

Hopefully Justo, Blue isn't so shalllow to seee the benefits of having a mountain rep here. Give it a try again!

i knew i should have driven up on the mountain today! i was up there for thier tent sale thing and we drove up to the burn pile to check and see if they had any new rails, i knew i should have gone all the way to sidewinder. any more pictures than that one?

as for the management... you know how their commercials, brochures, billboards, etc suck? well, a few years ago, i went to talk to their marketing/ PR lady and told her a lot of people didnt like their stuff and that i thought i could do a better job. so i showed her some of my stuff, some business cards i had done, some other designs, and a video i put together. everyone i showed the stuff to thought it was much better than what blue had, but she thought otherwise. another reason is because i wrote them emails explaining why i didnt like the park, and what they could do to improve it. i got an email back saying that they are always open to suggestions and willing to improve the park. so i waited a few weeks to see if they actually did anything, but they didnt. i sent back another email asking why they say they are open to suggestion but then dont do anything, and apparently, outlook was not quite working right, cause it sent like 50 copies of the email to them, so they thought i was spamming them and were contemplating pulling my pass for it.

i knew i should have driven up on the mountain today! i was up there for thier tent sale thing and we drove up to the burn pile to check and see if they had any new rails, i knew i should have gone all the way to sidewinder. any more pictures than that one?

yea i have some more but stevo has alot more

blue6.jpg

blue5.jpg

blue4.jpg

blue2.jpg

blue1.jpg

Those pics are such a sight for sore eyes. Like Justin said, we just walked around the burn pile today, and didn't make the usual trip across the mountain. Wish we did now! Hopefully they will be investing in some new rails to go along with that wall because the majority of the rails are close to unrideable due to the care that Blue takes in their off-season storage of them. It looked like they built two new down-kink singles that look like they would go somewhere in the beginner park cuz they are fairly mellow. I always find it kinda funny that most of this stuff happens like 3 weeks before the start of the season, but this is definitely the best pre-season work I've seen at Blue since I started skiing there, especially for boarders and newschool skiers.

"I really wish they would stay open a little longer in the spring for the loyal passholders and die hards. We wait all winter for good snow and everything open and then they close with all their trails open. Not just Blue mountain but I hate it."

Doug, from what I've always been told, the reason Blue usually closes in late March even if they have trails that are still decently rideable is so that they can prepare their facilities for the banquets that they hold there in the off-season. The do weddings, dances, etc... in the top lodge and I guess at that point in the season they make more money doing that than the do with the dwindling number of paying skiers when it gets warmer. And we know its all about the money...