JF 1/27

Mess

Finally made it out.  Pretty lame that this was the first ski of the year(been busy with kids sports).  

Arrived around 9:00 with wife, son and 8 year old daughter.  Everyone was excited when I fell on Snowflake about 30 seconds into my first run.  I was trying to work with my daughter and she zipped off and I turned to yell to the others and crossed my skis.  Pretty funny.  We skied snowflake, powder puff and frosty as we tried to get my daughter comfortable.  She was doing well so we went down Ridge Run and Easy Rider.  Went to the lodge to warm up.  Important that she has fun so she will continue coming with us.

After the break I headed to Exhibition, Thunderbolt and Challenge with my son as my wife stayed on the greens with daughter.  A little icy at spots on exhibition and Thunderbolt but still pretty decent conditions.  Challenge always seems to have the best snow and was the most fun of the day.  We took the lift up East Mountain but got a call from my wife that my daughter was bored and wanted to do some of the other trails.  We hit challenge again and went into the glades.  Then we went down the terrain park to meet up at a lift with wife and daughter.  We ended up doing  a run on Janes way.  Pretty icy on the headwall but my daughter did well.  At this point she was tired so went back in to the lodge and we lapped Challenge a few more times.

Overall a great day at the mountain.  Lodge was pretty crowded.  Headed to Whitehaven diner and Spent $23.00 to feed the whole family.  

Edited by Mess
  • Like 5