1/28/19 Sidewinder opens, sunny

RootDKJ

2 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Why the hell would anyone be disappointed at a ski area, that averages 35 inches a year of natural snow, for not having "enough glades". Do you realize ridiculous that sounds?

Does Frost get that much more snow that they can pull it off? Or do they just make snow in glades (as Blue does too) 

Does Frost get that much more snow that they can pull it off? Or do they just make snow in glades (as Blue does too) 

Dude. Blue is a totally different animal. Frost has (had?) decent tree skiing options because of the way it it's set up. Happyland will fill in mainly because of blow over from the fan guns on challenge. The set up there is conducive to that happening. The same applies to E glade (blow ever from rivershot). Mad Tree is rarely as skiable and Risk it is rarely because it needs natural snow. Frost is also colder and yes...gets a little more snow. Talking about the glade scene in the Poconos is just stupid. If it's there great. If it's not I'm not complaining about it.

5 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Yeah I would have no problem having the girls spend money on things they want to do. That's why I give them an allowance - so they can make spending decisions. I also spend lots for them to ski.

Next year they’ll be old enough to get a paper route if paper routes even exist.  12 is when I started working and threw my $3 allowance back in my parents face cause I was making 10-15 times that wooo

28 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Why the hell would anyone be disappointed at a ski area, that averages 35 inches a year of natural snow, for not having "enough glades". Do you realize ridiculous that sounds?

Beat me to it. 

Listen, i like to ski glades just like everybody else, but this is PA.  Lets be realistic on how "awesome" anybodys glades are, without natural snow.  What a dipshit.  

• Like 1

I've never been in the glades at Blue. Is that one at the top of Lazy that they have been blowing into any good? I get the feeling it would just get scraped to an ice sheet in about an hour and be trash until they blow more on top. 

25 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Even my 11 year olds miss it and ask when we can go back to Frost and do some trees now that we have Blue passes. They will be glad once Blue Baumer opens at least. Nice to see they were blowing snow in there.

Go look at post #4 in this TR from C1er from Saturday.  PS.  the first pic is One Park Glade.  Looks deep, dont it?  

1 minute ago, Schif said:

I've never been in the glades at Blue. Is that one at the top of Lazy that they have been blowing into any good? I get the feeling it would just get scraped to an ice sheet in about an hour and be trash until they blow more on top. 

This is accurate.  Think luge run.  This would apply to both Blue and Frost.  Lets all remember how fast Blue gets skied out in the morning.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Go look at post #4 in this TR from C1er from Saturday.  PS.  the first pic is One Park Glade.  Looks deep, dont it?  

Guess this isnt the week for it, but at least they try

Just now, JFskiDan said:

This is accurate.  Think luge run.  This would apply to both Blue and Frost.  Lets all remember how fast Blue gets skied out in the morning.  

When there is natural snow, Blue Baumer get skied off less fast than the neighboring trails. Taking the bike run next to Tuts down into Blue Baumer can be a nice route. 

When there is natural snow, Blue Baumer get skied off less fast than the neighboring trails. Taking the bike run next to Tuts down into Blue Baumer can be a nice route. 

Skiing off the Appalachian trail can be a nice route too when there's plenty of natural snowfall. That (not a lack of glades) is the issue.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Even my 11 year olds miss it and ask when we can go back to Frost and do some trees now that we have Blue passes. They will be glad once Blue Baumer opens at least. Nice to see they were blowing snow in there.

It really is great that they are blowing directly in the glades and not just allowing blow over to fill it in. Give it 5 years and all of the trees will be dead, and we still will not have glades to ski at Blue. 

This being posted by a Blue hater, 💡

• Like 2
  • Love 1