1/28/19 Sidewinder opens, sunny

RootDKJ

Just now, Schif said:

My parents would let me skip school once a year to go skiing. That was fun. 

If I went on a ski trip with my dad I’d miss a day or two..Indiggio is at Sugarloaf and that’s one of the last trips I took with my dad.  The last one was whistler 20 years ago and then he quit skiing.  I even skied his old straight skis for awhile as backups..

23 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I cut class only twice

6th grade when we were going to dissect fetal pigs. Thanks, I'd rather have a 5 min talk with the principal.

One day in October 1980 (who can guess the newsworthy occasion?)

October 1980?? Is that when Pac Man came out in arcades??

51 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I cut class only twice

6th grade when we were going to dissect fetal pigs. Thanks, I'd rather have a 5 min talk with the principal.

One day in October 1980 (who can guess the newsworthy occasion?)

K.C. can

• Like 1

Hint #2 I went to a parade in center city

Phillies WS parade?

But lemme guess, traffic was terrible, it was too cold, the view was bad. there was nowhere to go to the bathroom, people were drinking too much, souvenirs and food were too expensive.
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Phillies WS parade?

But lemme guess, traffic was terrible, it was too cold, the view was bad. there was nowhere to go to the bathroom, people were drinking too much, souvenirs and food were too expensive.

I was 15 and took the train, it wasn't all that cold, I didn't notice too much drinking and I got a $5 T shirt. The view of the actual parade was bad, but the point was more to be part of the celebration than to see the guys.

It wasnt an awesome time, but it was the first ever and it didnt happen again for about 3 decades, when I went again for an hour or so as I was working in Philly and my office closed early to let folks go.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, RootDKJ said:

Cold. Sidewinder is open.  Very cookied already and has interesting dips and rollers. Also got yelled at on the first lift ride for joining a group of 3  

F32A80D7-B7FA-4CB0-8266-0EA490E206AE.jpeg

Exactly what did they yell at you?  Was it an uncomfortable ride up?