1/29/19...a deep inch..

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun session at Blue mountain.  I could have waited longer for the meat and potatoes of this storm but I was up early and ready to ski.  Light snow on the drive up and about an inch of new snow at the mountain.  Despite not arriving at the lower lot until 8:10AM it was a ghost town.  The temperature was 21 degrees and there wasn’t much wind.  

The six pack was not operating..I ended up getting first civilian quad and went right to Razors which was great.  It was a carpet with an inch of Perd on top..I swear I had some float...Got razors a few more times still swaths of fresh on Razorback for quite some time...they were blowing crazy amounts of snow on dreamweaver and in the glades.  Got fresh on X-ing and along the bumps still had some pow but the bumps were solid.  

I rode the lift a few times with the aggro older guy who was on first chair with me Jeff and root on Friday.  He’s a retired teacher been retired for 14 years and going to Banff for three weeks in a few days and has skied in Japan but never Jackson hole.  He was on his fat skis as was I and one guy on the lift was commenting saying we were optimistic and he said what do you mean today’s the best day of the season.  

Sidewinder was weird had lots of rollers on it..some might like it I didn’t.  I was in the lot for about a half hour around 10-1030 and was surprised that my phone was actually getting two bars at 4G. No LTE like 99% of everywhere so I at least could surf the interwebs while I had two beers and some steeze and pretzels alone.  Was there when silver helmet guy booted up.  He’s stealth but not as Stealth as ZZSlope. I talked to ZZSlope for a quick second in the corral before my second lift ride I told him Razors was good.  

Other familiar faces were GahSkier George and that chick that works at buckmans..went back out after beers made yellow snow bathroom on switchback is now messed up it’s just huge cookies..dafuk..snow still forgiving crowds still light despite schools being out longest I waited in line maybe five chairs..saw on the radar that heaviest snow was a ways off and snow totals cut in half and I already skied as much as I wanted to ski so I bugged out..stopped at Chic fil A on the way home and was behind a car with Jackson hole stickers in the drive thru..all in all was some great midweek skiing at Blue the true but I definitely take for granted having people to ski with. I think this was only my second solo dolo session this season.  

92081A39-E707-44FC-8BB5-5AC30CC42E9C.jpeg

D2239827-C5F9-419E-A343-5EB761BAF506.jpeg

• Like 4

Just now, toast21602 said:

Sidewinder is a ton of fun. Snow is good. Falling hard here now. Grabbing food and beers, then heading out for a few more. 

Not sure when you left but probably just missed you around 11:30ish. 

That’s about when I left..it’s snowing hard..it’s sticking in the A..housekeeping is in my room so sitting in my car listening to the Cars...who’s gonna drive you home..Hopefully Root!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Thanks salty. I used to be up on national days..they have good cocoa at Dunkin’ Donuts..

You're welcome and anytime. Just found out from Blue's Facebook post. That's why I follow ski resorts on Facebook, otherwise I wouldn't have found out that Riley Reid is coming to Camelback.

4 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Hope Blue gets some decent snow out of this.  Everybody keeps saying this afternoon will be the heaviest snow.  We shall see.  

I really hope this day doesnt go down as the "powder day" of 2019. 

I hope not because that would be weak. 

May least the beer and food is good. 

A5E77C05-0350-4E0B-9BA1-FE389180BC76.jpeg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

You're welcome and anytime. Just found out from Blue's Facebook post. That's why I follow ski resorts on Facebook, otherwise I wouldn't have found out that Riley Reid is coming to Camelback.

Who Dafuk is Riley Reid?  I’ll have to go back to google. 

• Confused 1