Winter Wonderland

rummy

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Do it. You said you were done skiing for the season the other day though which is why I questioned it.

I was done because spring is a major stoke stomper for skiing, but I looked at Elk's webcams and it looks amazing up there. Blue's webcam, not so much..

Edited by saltyant
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

I was done because spring is a major stoke stomper for skiing, but I looked at Elk's webcams and it looks amazing up there. Blue's webcam, not so much..

Will be the same conditions this weekend at Blue as last weekend.  I just don’t get it. You’ll go skiing on Root Friday when it’s cold and crowded and only one run open but not now when it’s warm and empty and everything is open.  

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Will be the same conditions this weekend at Blue as last weekend.  I just don’t get it. You’ll go skiing on Root Friday when it’s cold and crowded and only one run open but not now when it’s warm and empty and everything is open.  

I just like to ski real authentic purd.

Go Salty... My thoughts are; Elk will groom almost all their trails. Upper Tunk  and Chippewa will probably be ungroomed on top of their natural, not seeded, bumps.  Skiing will be excellent. You will have uncrowded slopes and uncrowded slow lifts. Enjoy! Enjoy!

Unfortunately, our crew will be among the missing this weekend. However, we are planning on spending all next week at our own private resort! And TLCITW!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rummy said:

Go Salty... My thoughts are; Elk will groom almost all their trails. Upper Tunk  and Chippewa will probably be ungroomed on top of their natural, not seeded, bumps.  Skiing will be excellent. You will have uncrowded slopes and uncrowded slow lifts. Enjoy! Enjoy!

Unfortunately, our crew will be among the missing this weekend. However, we are planning on spending all next week at our own private resort! And TLCITW!!

TFTI !!

29 minutes ago, rummy said:

Just saw a Winter Weather Advisory has been posted for possibly another 2-4 inches overnight ... Salty you may get freshies tomorrow..

That would be great! I hope my Sonic can make it up there...

Hope there aren't any wind holds on the lift since it's going to be windy AF, but I think that only applies to high speed lifts or gondoobies...

Edited by saltyant

That would be great! I hope my Sonic can make it up there...
Hope there aren't any wind holds on the lift since it's going to be windy AF, but I think that only applies to high speed lifts or gondoobies...
Elks' lifts are protected from wind by the many pine trees planted over the years.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Are you thinking about going to Elk tomorrow for packed perder?

Correct. Packed powder is my second favorite condition type. My favorite type is real powder in the Colorado Rockies. One of my least favorite types is frozen ungroomed granular.

Edited by toast21602
Spelling

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Of course, he's a Blue and PASR legend and has the best jokes. But I will protest this grave injustice by not writing a trip report tomorrow.

No, you try too hard and are annoying. He is just the original annoying person so deserves some credit for that. 

• Thanks 1