Roll Call 1/30

RootDKJ

1 minute ago, enjoralas said:

It was crazy down here in souderton. Extended my lunch by 15 minutes due to the vis and high winds, didn't want to try to drive in that, considering how bad the van was rocking in the wawa parking lot.

The main problem is that as the temperature drops salt is not effective.  

Today was a lot of fun.  It was zero degrees when I pulled into the lot at 8:15. 1st few runs were pretty chilly, but with 5 layers, I managed to stay pretty warm.    Razors was good for the 1st run, but quickly cookied up.  Race team on Razorback and bottom headwall later in the morning.  Challenge lasted a lot longer and was super grippy.  ROTD was Main St, which was silky smooth, Lazy was almost as smooth as Main St.  Switchback, NM/DW closed, Lower Sidewinder for resurfacing still.  Sidewinder was had great snow, the rollers are starting to grow on me.  Paradise wasn't that good.

Around 11 it was full Toms, Dicks and Harry's.  Plenty of idiots shredding the rocks, poaching Lower Sidewinder, and the marquee root. I wish I could have stayed longer for the entertainment value and the squall that moved through.  I unfortunately had a 1pm appointment I needed to keep.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

Today was a lot of fun.  It was zero degrees when I pulled into the lot at 8:15. 1st few runs were pretty chilly, but with 5 layers, I managed to stay pretty warm.    Razors was good for the 1st run, but quickly cookied up.  Race team on Razorback and bottom headwall later in the morning.  Challenge lasted a lot longer and was super grippy.  ROTD was Main St, which was silky smooth, Lazy was almost as smooth as Main St.  Switchback, NM/DW closed, Lower Sidewinder for resurfacing still.  Sidewinder was had great snow, the rollers are starting to grow on me.  Paradise wasn't that good.

Around 11 it was full Toms, Dicks and Harry's.  Plenty of idiots shredding the rocks, poaching Lower Sidewinder, and the marquee root. I wish I could have stayed longer for the entertainment value and the squall that moved through.  I unfortunately had a 1pm appointment I needed to keep.

Nice report???  Zero to start???  Must be a micro climate. 

3 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Root is an OG. It We haven't let anybody new in for years since it takes years for the screening process and background checks to be completed. Maybe next ski season. 

I'll have @mute1080's background checks done in another year or so...then we'll finally vote to not allow him in.

• Thanks 1