2019 saltyant Trip Stoke Thread

saltyant

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

You take your skis off at the gondola, don't you? So why not if you have to walk uphill or against the wind?

Because skis are much better transportation than boots.  Please don’t take off skis on a ski slope even if it’s flat..you have poles and can skate. Taking off skis on a mogul run or in the woods can actually be very dangerous and can lead to death, dismemberment or castration. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, saltyant said:

Yesterday at Loveland I rode the Pomegrante lift with some backcountry mountain man. He pointed out some coyote tracks, talked about some mountain rodent for 5 minutes, and told me at the top of Lift 9 you can take a piss that empties in both the Atlantic and Pacific. Next ride on the Pomeranean lift, rode with him again and he didnt remember riding with me, so i trolled him by talking about all the topics discussed on the previous lift ride. I still dont think he remembered me from the previous ride. He was a really cool dude.

Did he smell of pot?

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/9/2019 at 3:04 PM, saltyant said:

Stayed in Denver and back in NEPA. Looks like my first annual CO ski trip was great success! My luggage didnt get lost, rental car functioned properly, and most importantly didnt get buried in the perder. Thanks for reading, tune in next year for the sequel.

What hotel did you stay at in Denver? 

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What hotel did you stay at in Denver? 

Red Lion Inn by the airport was pretty rad. There was a MacDonalds nearby so I was able to eat some chicken tendies prior to repacking my boots and RTMs for the long flight. I really enjoyed the flight and looked out the window the entire time, 95% of the flight was clear skies which is pretty rare. I saw the great cities of Omaha, Des Moines, Davenport, Fort Wayne, Indiana PA, Altoona, and Hershey. It was sick.

4 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

I love flying out west. Sky is usually clear, and I’m always amazed at the scenery. Every time I fly on east coast, it’s nothing but clouds and haze. 

A29E6FB0-BF15-45DD-87FE-E4D326F5D7F5.jpeg

Are you visiting your son in Utah this season?

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Nice pic. I always make sure to get a window seat without the wing obstruction, and also on the side not facing the sun.

Would you be upset if your flight plans changed and you ended up with the middle seat for a four hour flight??  Happened to me last week. I prefer window seat cause I don’t pee that often and like to lean my head against window. I usually keep the window down when I have window seat.  

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Would you be upset if your flight plans changed and you ended up with the middle seat for a four hour flight??  Happened to me last week. I prefer window seat cause I don’t pee that often and like to lean my head against window. I usually keep the window down when I have window seat.  

On my way to Yellowstone I almost got the window seat when they rebooked me to Dallas. Before boarding I asked if there were any seats available, and they said "we have the perfect aisle seat for you", it was next to the restroom. Once I boarded I realized they were being a smart-ass, but still better than middle seat. I've yet to get the middle seat.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

Big fan of flight radar. Sometimes it is better than TV.

When I was younger I was really into aviation. Not as much anymore, but I'll get into it every now and then when I fly. Reinstalled Flight Simulator X and made a couple flights... though I have to speed up the simulation rate during the boring parts.

When I was younger I was really into aviation. Not as much anymore, but I'll get into it every now and then when I fly. Reinstalled Flight Simulator X and made a couple flights... though I have to speed up the simulation rate during the boring parts.

Never got serious in flight sims but tried a couple. ABE/LVIA as a kid was fun to hang out at the OG Wawa (without gas) or Gregory’s to watch planes land. I enjoy the air show they have had recently too. Hard to get a bad seat.

Now with flight radar just watching the major cities and the amount of traffic is exciting. It’s impressive with the volume they have to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1