2019 saltyant Trip Stoke Thread

saltyant

14 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Seems like Salty did a lot of exploring at Stowe, Winter park and Loveland. 

I skied a lot of blue runs, and even did some trees and moe ghouls. Those places were good because you can take almost any lift and go down a blue run, and not have to go down steep ass double blacks like White Lightning.

Out west I found the ungroomed trails enjoyable. PA skiing gave me the impression that ungroomed = icy death, but that obviously isn't always true in the wild west.

Edited by saltyant

Thanks for the invite. However Jackson Hole is a mountain for elite experts who jump off cliffs, do double black mogul runs, and ski trees. I'd rather have a plethora of groomed blue or black/blue runs to go down.

I thought I wanted mostly groomers but I followed fellow PASRs outside my comfort zone and had a blast. Ended up doing everything@toast21602 did except Corbet’s and Chute #1(?). I still remember@indiggio’s tip in outsid-the-rope bumps that brought me up to their speed and I’ll be forever grateful. Top to bottom groomers were the best I’ve ever had but we all know my list isn’t extensive.

Also saw my first true titty sparkles and it didn’t disappoint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

I thought I wanted mostly groomers but I followed fellow PASRs outside my comfort zone and had a blast. Ended up doing everything@toast21602 did except Corbet’s and Chute #1(?). I still remember@indiggio’s tip in outsid-the-rope bumps that brought me up to their speed and I’ll be forever grateful. Top to bottom groomers were the best I’ve ever had but we all know my list isn’t extensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way to get after it!!

25 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

Jackson Hole has some of the worst groomers I've skied out west, especially in recent years.  Similar conditions to Blue but way steeper.  I miss the days of nobody on Casper when @toast21602 took this picture.

IMG_6562.jpeg

TFTC. That was a great run that day to lay down the hammer (time). 

10 hours ago, mute1080 said:

Jackson was a spectacular trip.  Can't wait to go back!

• Like 3