2019 saltyant Trip Stoke Thread

saltyant

7 hours ago, saltyant said:

Taking a much needed break from some physical exhaustion. Spent the morning in the Parsonn's area and there was so much untracked deep powder it was insane! I got lucky and skied to Panoramic Express lift the exact second they opened it, so i got second chair. I was a nervous wreck the first run not knowing where the hell i was going in low visibility, but it wasnt that hard and was epic! Also got stuck on a bump run and made it down really slow, but didnt fall or even take off my RTMs. Probably the best skiing day of my life. Just kidding about probably...

Better than your powder day last year at Stowe?  I feel like you’re getting more into skiing again.  

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, guitar73 said:

Check out anything in the upper 80's to mid 90's....those will do well for you in the perder. Super phattys could be a bit unwieldy for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guitar you’re the only one I know who would say that.  Upper 80s to mid 90s are blue mountain daily drivers. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, phillycore said:

4f2956f1093acae99aa113176b39cbe0.jpg

Salty....Skiing a foot of fresh at Winter Park on RTMs is like choosing a fixed wheel bike for the hill climb.

not really....so long has he knows how to turn. fwiw, I've skied my rtm-81's in similar conditions and did just fine. not ideal, but still had a killer fun time!

15 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Ouch @ window price. Last time I paid window price anywhere it was probably no more than $30.

Well the cheapest I could find for Winter Park was $144 and those were nonrefundable. I have no idea how to get any cheaper tickets than that, if you know of a way let me know.

Well the cheapest I could find for Winter Park was $144 and those were nonrefundable. I have no idea how to get any cheaper tickets than that, if you know of a way let me know.

Enjorales is pretty good at finding the blue light special.
Maybe he'll see this.

26d6b0062deb78c88dc1fb7931fbd95a.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I used a coupon from Barb for WP last year, got a deal at Copper with lodging purchase this year (which included free tix for kids all 3 days, 1 free day for me and discounts the other 2 days). There are so many awesome places to ski in CO, I figure out which of them I can get a good deal at and go there rather than getting my heart set on one and then finding the best price I can get there. 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Love 1