2019 saltyant Trip Stoke Thread

saltyant

1 hour ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I used a coupon from Barb for WP last year, got a deal at Copper with lodging purchase this year (which included free tix for kids all 3 days, 1 free day for me and discounts the other 2 days). There are so many awesome places to ski in CO, I figure out which of them I can get a good deal at and go there rather than getting my heart set on one and then finding the best price I can get there. 

Thanks this is great advice. Next year I'll shop around for the best bargains fo sure.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, saltyant said:

Winter Park I think. Paying window price of $177 (ouch) so ill be cheap tomorrow and maybe do half day at Loveland. Wont get to Copper this time, maybe next year.

Never been to Loveland, but a lot of places only scan passes on lifts from bottom, so you can get a whole day on a half day ticket by only using upper lifts after mid day.

• Love 1

Got some fun runs in but today is definitely the worst of the 3 days I skied here (still better than being at work). First run goggles iced up for some reason and couldn't see shit. Got that issue fixed, then did a few runs on ungroomed blues and groomers. Between the insane wind and slow snow it's brutal moving around on flat sections. I found a nice advanced groomed run I really liked, Cheshire Cat, but would have passed out if i had to pole plant to it again. Got stuck on Olympus Express for a while which sucked big time. Now the gondola is shut down indefinitely so taking a break, jadip.

Edited by saltyant

1 minute ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Never been to Loveland, but a lot of places only scan passes on lifts from bottom, so you can get a whole day on a half day ticket by only using upper lifts after mid day.

This is great!!! But then I'll have to find an upper lodge to take hot cocoa breaks.

• Like 1

Barb, every lift to MJ side was closed. I was stuck at the Gondola. Had to take the stupid shuttle again. Believe me I studied the lift map and asked information desk. Everyone was taking the shuttle.

At Steeze's favorite place, the Silver Inn... and no wifi?? What am I going to do all night? At least I saved $20 thanks to Steeze's recommendation to call and ask for a single bed. Thanks Steeze!

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Barb said:

Ok Salty. I guess I will give you a pass then. Hope you enjoyed WP! I have a soft spot for that mountain.

It was windy as hell, the only lift running in the gondola area was Arrow which goes nowhere.

Thanks for the tips, I had a great 3 days at WP. Those runs yesterday in foot deep powder in the Parsenn Bowl were the best and most memorable of my life!

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, phillycore said:

Please go demo something in the 95-105 range that's as long as you are tall....(At least up to your nose)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, phillycore said:

Please go demo something in the 95-105 range that's as long as you are tall....(At least up to your nose)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

170cm skis are up to his nose..

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Ouch @ window price. Last time I paid window price anywhere it was probably no more than $30.

Ouch @ window price. Last time I paid window price anywhere it was probably no more than $30.

As you’d say,”fools and their money” and I paid $5 for a bottle of water earlier and it wasn’t even Fiji was fucking Dasani. 

6CAD8645-025E-41F7-889F-E767C29A1377.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, guitar73 said:

not really....so long has he knows how to turn. fwiw, I've skied my rtm-81's in similar conditions and did just fine. not ideal, but still had a killer fun time!

And before the late 90s/early 2000s we all just had a pair of skis that’s it. I’ve skied deep Pow on 64 underfoot skis and had fun..115s are better..

I used a coupon from Barb for WP last year, got a deal at Copper with lodging purchase this year (which included free tix for kids all 3 days, 1 free day for me and discounts the other 2 days). There are so many awesome places to ski in CO, I figure out which of them I can get a good deal at and go there rather than getting my heart set on one and then finding the best price I can get there. 

Ahhh it’s $179 you probably make that in a half hour as a lawyer. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, tarponhead said:

Skiing a half day because of ticket price is short sighted. You spent all the $ on flight hotel (plus Vt hotel) and car so what’s an additional 40-50? Plus you already burned a front end day of your trip on a field trip.

Regardless, have fun

At Loveland a half day is like $15 less than a full day and the slow lifts eat up a lot of time.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Barb, every lift to MJ side was closed. I was stuck at the Gondola. Had to take the stupid shuttle again. Believe me I studied the lift map and asked information desk. Everyone was taking the shuttle.

At Steeze's favorite place, the Silver Inn... and no wifi?? What am I going to do all night? At least I saved $20 thanks to Steeze's recommendation to call and ask for a single bed. Thanks Steeze!

I don’t use WiFi..hopefully your spank bank is filled up.  

• Confused 1