2019 saltyant Trip Stoke Thread

saltyant

44 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

That sounds like an excuse.  Skating is part of skiing.  

I feel like I’ve been skiing for less time than him and knew this? 

Cant ever recall hiking ANYWHERE unless it was for a rail, and even then I kept my skis on and just skated uphill. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty where did you stay last night??  Are you home now?

Stayed in Denver and back in NEPA. Looks like my first annual CO ski trip was great success! My luggage didnt get lost, rental car functioned properly, and most importantly didnt get buried in the perder. Thanks for reading, tune in next year for the sequel.

• Like 3

Yesterday at Loveland I rode the Pomegrante lift with some backcountry mountain man. He pointed out some coyote tracks, talked about some mountain rodent for 5 minutes, and told me at the top of Lift 9 you can take a piss that empties in both the Atlantic and Pacific. Next ride on the Pomeranean lift, rode with him again and he didnt remember riding with me, so i trolled him by talking about all the topics discussed on the previous lift ride. I still dont think he remembered me from the previous ride. He was a really cool dude.

Edited by saltyant

15 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

You're still a sandy vagina.

I just survived a solo excursion into the vast tundra and wilderness of the Colorado Rockies, ascending to some of the highest altitudes and most brutal inhospitable conditions known to man, following in the footsteps of great explorers of the western frontier... and also survived basic economy on American Airlines. These great accomplishments make me a noble warrior rather than "sandy vagina" as you say.

Edited by saltyant
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, saltyant said:

My decision to skate or walk is subject to gradient, snow type, and wind direction and speed. 

The decision should be based on whether or not you're in a parking lot or on snow. Never take your skis off 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

I feel like we've had this "never take your skis off" discussion with Salty before.

Oh wait we told him this a year ago 🤷‍♂️

That was in the glades... understood. This time I was on groomed trails with uphill sections. I dont see what the big deal is...

Edited by saltyant

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty did you take a piss at the top of Loveland??

Nah man it was too damn cold and windy up there. But the view was breathtaking (couldn't breathe due to high winds). I guess you can see Keystone and Arapahoe? That guy told me you can see Mary Jane (Winter Park) also but I think he was full of it.

• Confused 1