2019 saltyant Trip Stoke Thread

saltyant

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I vote for Colorado.  Salty if you don’t go to Colorado I’m sending you a bill for all the packing and airline advice I gave you last night...my rate is tree fiddy an hour. 

Dont worry I'm going out west within the next 12 months, and took a ton of notes.

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You’ll still never be as much of a wankstain as Ski2Live so you can take solace in that. 

If I could cancel my VT hotel I would definitely go west. But VT is still rad to ski, just as long as there's no rain. I fear if I ski out west I'll never want to ski in VT again.

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I haven’t skied in Vermont since 2010. I might go this spring.  

Last year at Stowe someone on the lift with me who had skied out west said the Vermont mountains were tiny compared to Colorado, and they were disappointed and bored.

Edited by saltyant

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Last year at Stowe someone on the lift with me who had skied out west said the Vermont mountains were tiny compared to Colorado, and they were disappointed and bored.

Vermont just has smaller mountains and is much worse weather...if it lived somewhere like Boston I’d probably go to Vermont more.  For a low intermediate skier like you colorado is better just because the runs are wide open, well groomed, it’s usually sunny..you wouldn’t know it looking at Moe Ghouls posts but Vermont can have some of the most dogshit snow conditions imaginable. Way worse than what we get here. 

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Vermont just has smaller mountains and is much worse weather...if it lived somewhere like Boston I’d probably go to Vermont more.  For a low intermediate skier like you colorado is better just because the runs are wide open, well groomed, it’s usually sunny..you wouldn’t know it looking at Moe Ghouls posts but Vermont can have some of the most dogshit snow conditions imaginable. Way worse than what we get here. 

Boston people ski NH or ME.

NYC, Albany, Stamford, Hartford and Springfield and VT people ski VT.

And some of us NJ folks. If going for an overnight ski trip that is usually where I will go. Plane travel sucks and adds major $ (even if in form of miles).

Rockies are definitely better. But Stowe is as big a step up from PA (barely skiing) as CO is from VT IMO.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

Boston people ski NH or ME.

NYC, Albany, Stamford, Hartford and Springfield and VT people ski VT.

And some of us NJ folks. If going for an overnight ski trip that is usually where I will go. Plane travel sucks and adds major $ (even if in form of miles).

Rockies are definitely better. But Stowe is as big a step up from PA (barely skiing) as CO is from VT IMO.

Your regional generalizations regarding destinations are idiotic.

Question: you ski hourglass or maybe even just the goat woods at Stowe? I’m not saying Vt is equivalent to Rockies but there is some spicy terrain up in Vt off the beaten path and the conditions often make it more so.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

Question: you ski hourglass or maybe even just the goat woods at Stowe? I’m not saying Vt is equivalent to Rockies but there is some spicy terrain up in Vt off the beaten path and the conditions often make it more so.

He does backflips just to enter that terrain. HTFU.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

Have you skied Hourglass at Stowe?  I doubt Ski2Live skied that.  Goat woods are a lot of fun though.  I used to like discovering all the old overgrown trails at Stowe that were cut in the CCC days. 

Have you skied Hourglass at Stowe?  I doubt Ski2Live skied that.  Goat woods are a lot of fun though.  I used to like discovering all the old overgrown trails at Stowe that were cut in the CCC days. 

Nope, I just found out about it this year. Would need to follow someone too because from what I gather it’s a bit of a hike from the Gondi.

Yeah, goat woods and star woods are fun. More so then the blue ice bumps on the trails themselves (headwall area)

8 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

Nope, I just found out about it this year. Would need to follow someone too because from what I gather it’s a bit of a hike from the Gondi.

Yeah, goat woods and star woods are fun. More so then the blue ice bumps on the trails themselves (headwall area)

Upper goat and upper Starr in bad conditions are tougher than anything I’ll ski in Jackson hole..the exposure always gets me on a few runs at JH

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1