2019 saltyant Trip Stoke Thread

saltyant

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

If you find yourself above a cornice..give it a couple whacks first..years ago Johnny Law broke one of his bamboo poles from overly aggressive pole whacking high atop Skytop near the Peak of Mont Bleu

Probably wont encounter anything like that since I dont plan to venture off trail, being alone in unfamiliar terrain. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Probably wont encounter anything like that since I dont plan to venture off trail, being alone in unfamiliar terrain. 

Bring your rape whistle just in case..there’s actually a mini cornice drop above a blue square bowl/run at copper.  I got like 3.5 feet of air off it. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Only supposed to snow in the mountains Wednesday and Thursday he should be fine. 

I drove about 20 miles on snow covered roads in a compact in October, and down the mountain from Echo Lake to Denver. It was fine but nothing was really deep.

Edited by saltyant

Just now, saltyant said:

I drove about 20 miles on snow covered roads in a compact in October, and down the mountain from Echo Lake to Denver. It was fine but nothing was really deep.

The drive from silverthorne to Keystone and from silverthorne to Copper are both pretty flat. 

I know you like mexican food. You can check this spot on on the way back from copper to silverthorne in Frisco. They gave me the VIP service. I ordered a cup of chicken tortilla soup and they gave me a bowl then they only charged me for a cup.  

http://www.friscohaciendareal.com/site/mobile?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.friscohaciendareal.com%2FMenu.html#2900

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, RidgeRacer said:

IDK. The thought of driving over Berthoud (if he goes that way) in a compact car is a bit unsettling, forecasted snow or not.

I'd probably stay around the I-70 area. But may check out Winter Park or something else. I'd definitely prefer an SUV if I can get a reasonable price.

17 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

How does a person just stop skiing? Seems crazy to me

I think it happens most with people in their 20s and early 30s.  Some are bogged down with student loans, trying to buy a house, maybe little kids or don’t have a core group like we all have to encourage participation in the sport.  I’m a skier it’s part of my identity and something I’ll always do as long as I can walk. 

3 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

I think Chippy hurt his knee.  Has anyone seen Eugene at Blue??  

I don’t think he got hurt.  Years ago he sold his ski gear..I think skiing was mainly something he did with his dad and when he moved to Colorado his attention went elsewhere.  I haven’t seen Eugene in many years.  I actually messaged chippy on Facebook awhile ago and told him to tell Eugene to come to Blue weekend mornings. 

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I don’t think he got hurt.  Years ago he sold his ski gear..I think skiing was mainly something he did with his dad and when he moved to Colorado his attention went elsewhere.  I haven’t seen Eugene in many years.  I actually messaged chippy on Facebook awhile ago and told him to tell Eugene to come to Blue weekend mornings. 

My recollection isn't what it used to be.  Eugene was awesome to ski with.