2019 saltyant Trip Stoke Thread

saltyant

5 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I think it happens most with people in their 20s and early 30s.  Some are bogged down with student loans, trying to buy a house, maybe little kids or don’t have a core group like we all have to encourage participation in the sport.  I’m a skier it’s part of my identity and something I’ll always do as long as I can walk. 

Funny that I started skiing in my late 20s. I intend to keep doing it but sometimes worry I'll quit if I ever break a leg or something. 

Edited by saltyant

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The next time you’re having trouble making up your mind about something just think of Salty and pull the trigger

Never let your own indecisions make a decision for you.  Good life strategy 

• Like 2

On 2/1/2019 at 7:42 AM, RidgeRacer said:

I think Winter Park would be a good spot for Salty. Real nice groomers all over and he could ski bowl up top which gives him the opportunity to get above treeline, get great views but isn't anything too crazy.

I am sold on this idea. Great suggestion, thanks Ridge. I'll go to Winter Park 2 days, and it might even snow on Wednesday. It would be great to get above the tree line and check out this area, and not worry about falling down a chute or into a crevice or anything (hopefully):

image.thumb.png.ebfeedb3cf7a45a63162d2239fa215e6.png

• Like 3

On 2/1/2019 at 1:39 PM, saltyant said:

Funny that I started skiing in my late 20s. I intend to keep doing it but sometimes worry I'll quit if I ever break a leg or something. 

Salty, I started skiing in my mid 40’s. Tore my ACL when some j@ckass skied over the back of my skis. But I love it, will never give it up. If I were you, I’d go on lots of ski trips. You have no obligations. Enjoy it now. Go on every trip you can. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

This is exciting! Have a great and safe trip! Your mind will be blown and your skiing will improve. You will be more exhausted than you have ever been from skiing. You will understand why we are jaded and slightly angry returning to ski in the Poconos. Enjoy! 

Thanks Toast! This will be my 4th time in Colorado and I'll finally be on skis. Kept putting it off so I wouldn't become jaded like you say, but life's too short and like Steeze said in a meme, if I dont do it this year I'll be another year older when I do. I'll be sure to write a report and post a pic or 2.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1